LE eyes to be everywhere and record everything in the server in the sky

This is a discussion on LE eyes to be everywhere and record everything in the server in the sky within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yesterday I watched a web cast by Rick Smith, CEO of Taser on their sister company's AXON product. Scared the hell out of me . ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LE eyes to be everywhere and record everything in the server in the sky

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar

LE eyes to be everywhere and record everything in the server in the sky

Yesterday I watched a web cast by Rick Smith, CEO of Taser on their sister company's AXON product. Scared the hell out of me. After the scary big-brother technology he presented, he goes on to tell the audience that the time is short to get going so that they can use stimulus package money. And they are set up to help departments to apply for and justify these investments.

Watch and worry: TASER
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Yeah.... the axom. We have dash cams, we have taser cams but the axom goes to far.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thats just creepy.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah.... the axom. We have dash cams, we have taser cams but the axom goes to far.
    I smell sarcasm. Does my nose deceive me?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Administrator
    No, no sacasm. I think its a terrible idea, only playing to the lawsuit happy public. It is not designed to help the officer do his job, but for the PD to avoid and negate liability at the cost of the officers safety.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Just like the gun-cam. Another wealth-generating opportunity for Attorneys.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

So what if anything is the camera going to see that the officer doesn't? Tell me what I am missing here.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So what if anything is the camera going to see that the officer doesn't? Tell me what I am missing here.
    It's not about seeing things the Officer doesn't (although that can play in to it), it's about not seeing what the Officer sees.

A camera does not capture the totality of the circumstances. Yet a jury of your peers often presumes that they do.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    It's not about seeing things the Officer doesn't (although that can play in to it), it's about not seeing what the Officer sees.

A camera does not capture the totality of the circumstances. Yet a jury of your peers often presumes that they do.
    Exactly. Its all to common for the mouth breathing public to assume that the camera captures all, and it simply does not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Exactly. Its all to common for the mouth breathing public to assume that the camera captures all, and it simply does not.
    What's the matter Sixto visions of RoboCop freaking you out.I see somebody trying to make money off a problem that this will only further create
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sixto, is your issue more the principle of the thing or the limitations of the technology?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Sixto, is your issue more the principle of the thing or the limitations of the technology?
    Both I guess. I hate the dash cams, I despise the Taser cam... this will be a lot worse. And it looks dorky, like one of those nerdy blue tooth things.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Both I guess. I hate the dash cams, I despise the Taser cam... this will be a lot worse. And it looks dorky, like one of those nerdy blue tooth things.
    Plus, from what I gather, if the camera is on one side of the officers head, it wont be able to see the other eye's peripheral vision.OMO Like Sixto said earlier, some people might assume it catches everything and it will not.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't know if the technology is up to it yet (within budgets) but how would you feel about a system with multiple cameras that could take in your full field of vision and shot in HD? What if they could build the system into a stylish pair of Oakley glasses?
    Technology wise, that could be reality in just a couple of years. Think about it. That MDC in your cruiser probably has more computing power than was on board the space shuttle Columbia when it first went up. It definitely has more power than the system NASA used to put men on the moon.

I saw those being used in London, UK... I laughed my butt off!

I can't remember the comment I made but I see nothing but bad juju if this really gets adopted by departments over here in the U.S.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links