Defensive Carry banner

Gangs

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  dripster 
#1 ·
Anyone know some good websites to learn more about gangs, gang tattoos, where they are active, etc? I'm sure there are some federal sites but a goggle search didn't seem to find them. Thanks.

#4 ·
#5 ·
discovery I.D. also has a program called gangland. might give that a try also.
sorry,don't recall what time or day it airs but i know it's on once or twice
a week.

#10 ·
I enjoy watching the show, but it's enough to scare the heck out of you!

#9 ·
As to gangs and criminal lifestyle associated persons also keep in mind that looking at tattoos today has far less meaning than it had even a decade ago.

It used to be tats on necks were exclusive strictly to prison lifestyle persons.
FFWD to today, or rather this past Saturday, and I saw featured on my local news a mom who looked ot be at least 50 with a large script tat on her own neck being featured in a story about people using the internet to track down criminals. Her son had been assaulted in her neighbor by fellow minors from his school. So she used MySpace (!) to track them down and make positive ID of all her sons attackers off of a Google search against one street nickname. She herself to me being old school appeared to be a criminal herself, if my mind and view had not progressed beyond the 90s.

I've seen IRL suburban and even in my current rural hippy life ('420') town young college aged kids sporting tattoo tears on their faces while working the cash register at Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I kid you not.
In my day that used to be a sign of a convict wh had both done time and had done someone else in prison as he/she was doing time.

Used to be if you saw a person with a tat at all muchless whole arms ('sleeve') done up or their body front never mind upper shoulders and back then that meant they were crime life associated. Spider web tats on the elbow. Tats of 'Love' and 'Hate' across the knuckles. Chest with tats be they male or female.
Not anymore. Today everything and anything goes for kids (I have seen locally IRL two HS aged children, one male the other female, both under 18 with parent/guardian approved tats!) and everybody including folks momma and their grandmomma too.

Clothing no longer is a signifier either.
Even folks who wear suits can be and are just as criminal and on the streets or in the club violent too. White, Black, Latino, Asian, male, female, child or adult...what ever.

$0.02 Street

- Janq

#12 ·
Thanks guys. Some of those websites were one's I found myself and some were new. There doesn't seem to be as much good info on the internet as I thought there would.

Most of that stuff is outdated, gang info is always changing. Most of the good resources I know of are LE only.
I thought that might be the case. Thanks. I attend the Corrections Academy next month, I will ask the instructors there. They may be able to help.

Thanks for the info everyone.

#15 ·
Thanks guys. Some of those websites were one's I found myself and some were new. There doesn't seem to be as much good info on the internet as I thought there would.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks. I attend the Corrections Academy next month, I will ask the instructors there. They may be able to help.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Corrections will always have the best and latest info on gang Intel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.