We lost four more kids in Afghanistan today!

This is a discussion on We lost four more kids in Afghanistan today! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rest in peace guys!! 4 Canadian soldiers killed, 8 wounded in Kandahar...

Thread: We lost four more kids in Afghanistan today!

VIP Member

Unhappy We lost four more kids in Afghanistan today!

CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

RIP brothers, prayers to those you left behind and unending gratitude for your sacrifice.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

All heroes. The world is a better place because of their sacrifice...RIP
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

My Wife is Canadian,It doesn't matter what flag your fighting under It's what were fighting against,There Is only one way to make a terrorist a good terrorist
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Those guys are true heroes, lib Canadian gov'ts all but gutted the Canadian Forces after the wall fell, they do a great job on a shoestring budget.

There is no way to thank their families enough for the true sacrifice they made.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

I hate that kind news and my heart goes out to their families...RIP.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+100 to all of these posts....I see these reports every day...

But if you could, please do not refer to any Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, or Marines (regardless of country) as "kids"....While they are someone's son (or daughter), they are adults carrying out a mission handed to them by their government.

I tell my Airmen: "I don't take 'kids' to war...I take professionals who know their job and are expected to perform their mission to the utmost of their ability...'kids' don't enlist in the military--adults do"

IMO, by referring to them as "kids", you undermine their oath, their duty they swore to uphold, and their sacrifice only adults can understand. They knew why they were there, yet they still went.

If we lost anything, we lost four Soldiers today...

My apologies for my rant.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

RIP. I'll pray for them and their families. I've done some work with Canadians, and they are certainly top notch.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Prayers sent for those brave soldiers. My heartfelt thanks to those still serving over there!
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    But if you could, please do not refer to any Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, or Marines (regardless of country) as "kids"....While they are someone's son (or daughter), they are adults carrying out a mission handed to them by their government.
    Amen. I was just going to say the same thing.

Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

VIP Member

I tell my Airmen: "I don't take 'kids' to war...I take professionals who know their job and are expected to perform their mission to the utmost of their ability...'kids' don't enlist in the military--adults do"

IMO, by referring to them as "kids", you undermine their oath, their duty they swore to uphold, and their sacrifice only adults can understand. They knew why they were there, yet they still went.

No intent to offend on my part. All of our fine young men and women are doing their utmost for Queen and Country. They are trained professionals doing a difficult job under difficult conditions.

Having said that, they were still young and had their whole lives ahead of them. Flame away at me if you like, but let's keep our eye on the ball. However you look at it, we are losing some of our finest young men in a land far far away. They will not be returning. I am trying to honour their memory, not belittle them or their achievements.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

It wasn't intended as a flame. Your point is well taken, but they were still adults.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention; I hadn't seen it.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

RIP. God Bless them.

jfl

My thoughts, exactly !!!

Sad ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    We have a "Highway of Hero's" where all of the fallen are driven along, the roads and overpasses ar packed with private citizens, police officers, firefighters and others, all of them saying "welcome home"

YouTube - Highway of Heroes - The Wind Beneath My Wings - OPP Voices in Blue

Links