US-Mexico Border, Drugs and Weapons

This is a discussion on US-Mexico Border, Drugs and Weapons within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by libertarian5 There have been over 6,000 people killed in Mexico in the current campaign against the cartels. That's more than we've lost ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US-Mexico Border, Drugs and Weapons

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post
    There have been over 6,000 people killed in Mexico in the current campaign against the cartels. That's more than we've lost in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.
    Yeah, and it takes Kalifornia on the average, around 28 months to hit that count. Imagine that.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

GOOD: LTE to Roanoke Times

Quote Originally Posted by kzooglockman View Post
    2. The claim that all cartels get 90% percent of the weapons from the US seems overexaggerated to me. If I cannot find an AR-Lower or the parts to assemble an AR (being a legally qualified CW permit holder), how are these idiots gettings their hands on the goods? If the weapons provided to the cartels were stolen, wouldn't there be news coverage detailing the enormous amount of stolen weapons in the areas where the weapons are being stolen? I am not aware of any large AK or AR heists within the last few years.
    I have been out of the loop a bit. So, this is a bit dated.

http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/letters/wb/200719
    (fourth down)

Cooking the numbers on drug cartels' arms

We have been treated to a plethora of news reports about the Mexican drug cartel wars and the fighting spilling over our Southern border.

Attorney General Eric Holder and Mexican officials purport that law-abiding U.S. gun owners and the Second Amendment are to blame. On news channels, we are lectured by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives officials that 90 percent of the guns originated in the U.S. This appears to be an egregious misuse of data.

Fox News reported the entire statistical picture, which made more sense. It turns out 90 percent of the traceable guns seized by Mexican officials originated in the U.S., which accounted for only 17 percent of all of the firearms seized by the Mexican government.

Eight-three percent of the firearms confiscated in Mexico have never been available at U.S. gun stores or shows. Drug cartel leaders are not going to buy semi-automatic only, expensive copies from the U.S. when they can buy military-grade ordnance much cheaper on the world arms market. It appears this administration and its media allies have no problem misusing statistical data to mislead the American people.

ANDREW MORFESI
    ROANOKE
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links