Homeland Security checking Southbound cars for weapons now

This is a discussion on Homeland Security checking Southbound cars for weapons now within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They better run down to Wal Mart and buy a bunch of wheel barrows so they'll have some place to put all the hand grenades ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeland Security checking Southbound cars for weapons now

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

They better run down to Wal Mart and buy a bunch of wheel barrows so they'll have some place to put all the hand grenades and RPGs they find!

KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo, TX: newschannel10.com - Traffic inspections aimed at guns bound for Mexico

Traffic inspections aimed at guns bound for Mexico

Associated Press - April 2, 2009 4:05 PM ET

CUERNAVACA, Mexico (AP) - U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano today praised more gun-related inspections of vehicles headed into Mexico.

She also cited stepped up intelligence gathering on the U.S. side in an effort by both nations to choke off arms traffic into America's southern neighbor.

Napolitano was interviewed by The Associated Press as she flew to an arms trafficking conference in Cuernavaca, Mexico. She'll visit Laredo, Texas, tomorrow.

Experts say most of the weapons being used in the deadly Mexican drug wars are smuggled from gun dealers in the U.S.

Until recently, the U.S. did not regularly inspect southbound vehicles, and the Mexicans didn't scan the majority of the cars coming into the country.

The Obama administration has promised a crackdown on illegal U.S. weapons sales that supply Mexican drug cartels.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

What about letting the Border Patrol/ICE people do their job by checking northbound traffic for illegal aliens and drugs! If the border is not sealed and sealed soon we will have another "man made disaster" [Napolitanos term for terrorist attack].

I've got to go to the next thread before I get carried away on this one!

When will we learn that America's prohibition is the cause of drug violence? Mexico doesn't have a gun or drug problem, it has an America problem.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Why do they set up checkpoints on the main roads? Wouldn't they find more action out in the desert and in the rural back road areas?
    Idiots!
    All for a 'dog and pony show'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

'Homeland Security checking Southbound cars for weapons now.'

Maybe someday they'll start checking everything northbound.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Administrator
    Well maybe after checking S/B traffic, they'll be able to shut the morons up and go back to stopping N/B cars.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Placating Mexico. That's all.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    And just how many illegal U.S. weapons did we find on the 1st day of our south bound inspections?

Frist day, before anyone knows that it is being done should be the best.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    My father, who was anything but a radical, had the right solution. Put all the possible drugs people would wish for into boxes on every street corner. This will put all dealers out of business immediately, stop the thefts related to drug needs, and rid us of most drug users shortly there after from over doses.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Regardless of the reason, southbound inspections are a good thing and something (the relatively little that where done) which should have never stopped to begin with. CBP after all, is about people and stuff coming and going, not just coming.
    God, country, family.

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    My father, who was anything but a radical, had the right solution. Put all the possible drugs people would wish for into boxes on every street corner. This will put all dealers out of business immediately, stop the thefts related to drug needs, and rid us of most drug users shortly there after from over doses.
    I am a little more radical than your father: I would lace the drugs with poison; achieves 2 goals: get rid of a good number of criminals (junkies) and scare the rest.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

VIP Member

Its is more tricky than just this

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Regardless of the reason, southbound inspections are a good thing and something which should have never stopped to begin with. CBP after all, is about people and stuff coming and going, not just coming.
    It isn't as straight forward as it might appear. For one thing, Mexico needs to be doing inspections of stuff going in to there. It really isn't our responsibility to stop people on this side of the border to check.

I've left the US many times, for destinations other than Mexico, and no one from CBP concerned themselves with my leaving. I showed the airline my passport, or I drove across the bridge from Detroit, and then it was the responsibility of the customs and immigration folks on the other side to make sure I wasn't bringing stuff in and it was OK for me enter.

It is certainly more complicated than a line or two typed out here can address.

I guess I disagree that it is not our responsibility to enforce our own laws. They are ours after all, and as it turns out there are quite a few concerning the movement of people and things across our border, regardless of the direction.
    God, country, family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links