I have just Bugged Out

This is a discussion on I have just Bugged Out within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Don't get too excited, if I still have internet access the situation can't be all that bad. I live in an apartment complex. Earlier tonight ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have just Bugged Out

I have just Bugged Out

Don't get too excited, if I still have internet access the situation can't be all that bad.

I live in an apartment complex. Earlier tonight I was coming home from a quick run to the store when the popo stopped me and told me I wasn't allowed to enter. I explained these were my groceries and I lived there and showed them my ID to prove it without them even asking for it. They said okay I could go in, but I had to go the long way around my building and not leave my apartment unless it was to leave the property.

I settled in and immediately grabbed my bugout gear. I honestly didn't expect I'd have to use it.

Anyway about 20 minutes ago the popo knocked on my door again and told me to get out in 5 minutes and that if I didn't get out, they'd get me out for me.

There was no time to grab anything besides my main bugout bag, some personal accessories and keys, and one change of clothes I keep ready to go with the BOB.

I was told by the officer when I walked out carrying all this stuff that I had to go anywhere but here. The apartment office was open to shelter us if need be, or if we left immediately we could leave by foot. I asked most politely "Officer my vehicles is right there. It's the red Chevy truck. May I drive away?" The officer was too happy to let me go.

I am typing this from Bugout Location number one, the school where I work. Don't laugh, I have plenty of space, security, water, etc. and I brought 3 days of food with me with 3 more day's worth in the truck.

I know I'm supposed to be gone for 4 hours minimum. I figure about midnight when the janitor leaves I'll drive back, park nearby, and walk onto the property and see if the ruckus has calmed down. If not, I'll get right back in my truck and drive right back here. I can stay here all night if I have to. Heck I can even take a shower.

Anyway I'm locked in my room behind the security barrier and there's no one here but me and Jefe and I'd trust Jefe with my life. I've got the keys and the security bypass codes and I know this building well. I've planned my escape from it and forced entry into it many times.

I've some provisions in my room too, and I've got the radio on listening for any sort of update. They told us it was a bomb but who knows.

I am paranoid. I am going to immediately go bathe myself as soon as Jefe is occupied elsewhere.

Anyway at least I got the internet. Keep me entertained tonight forumites. I doubt anything good happens, but I have just bugged out.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I've seen this before in the military barracks. It is likely that they found a meth lab in someone's apartment. They clear the area because we all know what happens if/when that stuff goes off.

I'd have asked what was going on, but you probably didn't have a chance.

That'd be my guess, let us know what happened.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Oh I asked and the bomb threat explanation was what I got.

I'll be here all night folks.

VIP Member
    I know we mostly think we'll use our bug out gear in a big emergency like Katrina or something along those lines. I know I sometimes forget that if the neighbors house caught fire or part of an apartment/condo build burned everyone would be displaced. A smaller bug out scenario, but one to be prepared for at any rate.

Enjoy your evening at school.

-Scott-

Glad you got out and had stuff ready to go enjoy the school

Administrator
    Euclidean Is Going To Night School.

Happy that you were prepared to bug out Euc.
    That sure makes life a bit easier.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have to say, bugging out is extremely boring.

Administrator
    I'm "best guessing" not too many gun magazines to be found on the shelves in the school library.

Oh no.

Assistant Administrator
    Well Euc - I'll say this - there seem to be times when your life can NOT be called dull

I think you have proven for sure the value of having some form of Bugout bag - it shows too why it will never always be known when needed.

Well - long night ahead perhaps but give us the skinny when they let you back in - hopefully without too long a delay.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Question Hey Euclidean

How about going to a Gun Show Tonight?
    They have some nice old, vintage S&W Wheelies to look at.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE ARMCHAIR GUN SHOW & Scroll Down

Holy crap mang! Can the police actually do that? Tell you to leave your home asap and not come back? I guess if its an apartment that you dont own, they van but i live in a house, I would probubly trust an officer that told me to leave my home asap but i would sure as hell question it. I hope you have an apartment to go back home to!! Your guns are in a safe im sure so they should be ok in an explosion. Anyhoo Glad you made it away from there before the party started and please keep up posted on what really was going down
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Good luck, and hope everything OK at home. BOB shown to be important!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Gelicious
    Holy crap mang! Can the police actually do that? Tell you to leave your home asap and not come back? I guess if its an apartment that you dont own, they van but i live in a house, I would probubly trust an officer that told me to leave my home asap but i would sure as hell question it. I hope you have an apartment to go back home to!! Your guns are in a safe im sure so they should be ok in an explosion. Anyhoo Glad you made it away from there before the party started and please keep up posted on what really was going down
    Yep they can i went though it last year when the chemical recovery place blew up by my house

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Ok EUC
    Since you have some time on your hands why dom't you let us know whats in the BOB
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links