Penn State Insults Veterans

This is a discussion on Penn State Insults Veterans within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i want to apologize if this is a repost. if you haven't eaten yet, please take a look YouTube - Penn State Student Affairs: The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn State Insults Veterans

Penn State Insults Veterans

i want to apologize if this is a repost. if you haven't eaten yet, please take a look YouTube - Penn State Student Affairs: The 'Worrisome' Veteran at this video. i'm in utter shock right now. can you imagine what kind of outrage there would be if the subject of this video had been the "worrisome black" or the "worrisome gay person"?

words can't adequately express my thoughts right now. As a child of a veteran, and as a human being, this make me want to puke.

2. Remove Ads

I'm extremely insulted right now.

I can't even put into polite words how insulted I am
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    ......I twitch when Im stressed, or angry. I can't stop twitching. Im getting sick and tired of these colleges spitting on vets, and the military, like its the Vietnam war all over again. Ive been called too many nasty things as a member of the military, and a vet now by these Hitler like hate mongers.

I'm not surprised...this is typical of B.S. being spued upon young minds at many, if not most, of our institutions of "higher education(?)"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just listen to how these people even talk as in speak.
    Why do these people talk like that?

Anyway what ever look at the source, one cannot be all that surprised with things being how they are these days.
    BTW these are the same people who do not see any point in anyone having 2A rights either even as they are allegedly intelligent persons with the as learned power of reason and logic.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

there are some dangerous ideas that institutions of higher learning are propagating. it would seem that they would treat an illegal alien better than our veterans. when did military service become a bad thing in this country? am I still living in the good ole' US of A? Citizens that bore arms built this country. It made me sick to think that people who sacrificed a lot, some even gave all, are now considered pariahs in the beloved country they served.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I just found a video with the follow up portion to that video......its gets worse people
    YouTube - PSU Student Affairs Vets Video

What utter filth.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Um...

What was the [Edited] point behind that video? Was it to show that Vets have trouble with authority figures? Was it to show that Vets are supposedly dumb and can't hack it in an academic situation? Was it to show that if a Vet goes to college they can expect to be an outcast and have to work harder to get the same grade?

I'm not sure how I feel about this video, maybe it is shock that a university would put something like that out. Maybe I am just not sure I can actually beleive what I just watched, or don't want to beleive it.

I do know that I will be writing a letter to someone at that university as soon as I find out which list of 20 people I need to send it to.

Edit: I hadn't seen the follow-up video that TerriLi posted. Now I know I am pissed off!
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; April 8th, 2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Language.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

I think the point was that vets are violent mentally disturbed time bombs waiting to go off so be careful how you treat them.

Understand I don't believe this but that was the impression I got from the video.

Perspective: Had the vid been titled "Worrisome Teenager" or "Worrisome Kid from the City," would (or should) teens or city folk be up in arms?

Note: I'm in no way condoning a message deliberately singling out a group.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller2 View Post
    I think the point was that vets are violent mentally disturbed time bombs waiting to go off so be careful how you treat them.

Understand I don't believe this but that was the impression I got from the video.
    that's exactly the point the video was trying to make.

Penn State has just removed the video from their site, in an effort to lessen the damage. i guess some folks sent them some angry messages...

Here is the PSU's Student Affairs contact page.

and the...

Board of Trustees

The Pennsylvania State University
    Board of Trustees
    205 Old Main
    University Park, PA 16802-1571
    Office: (814) 865-2521
    Fax: (814) 863-4631
    Email: bot@psu.edu

and so he gets lit up too...

PSU's President

The Pennsylvania State University
    President
    Email:president@psu.edu

Here's the URL to the video in question (copy/paste it on your emails to PSU):

YouTube - PSU Student Affairs Vets Video

Fire away.

and here's the link to the division of student affairs, the ones responsible for making the video.

Staff in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs

have fun, guys.

Ugh. Well that helps narrow down who I give my money too when I get out. I would hate to snap in class with all my repressed rage and inablility to handle it. Dang military turning me into a rage-filled killing machine. Good thing they don't allow conceal carry in class or things could really get out of hand!!

(polite yet angry emails sent as to why they can expect to not ever receive tuition dollars from me)
    A dozen means twelve, learn to count bakers! - Stephen Colbert

Colt 1991A1 and S&W M&P 45 Compact

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links