Navy SEALs - Concealed Weapons Permits

This is a discussion on Navy SEALs - Concealed Weapons Permits within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We do business with a large number of our military. In every case, they are 100% legal. and go to great lenghts to be sure ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Navy SEALs - Concealed Weapons Permits

We do business with a large number of our military. In every case, they are 100% legal. and go to great lenghts to be sure that thet are. These are folks used to following the rules.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    Most people would truly be amazed at the power of a Navy Captain or other branches Full Colonel or above when dealing with civilian Chiefs and Prosecutors or D.A.'s. A few years back a friend was in New York City and was arrested for CCW. He was given his phone call and about a hour later, walked out with his loaded pistol. He called his Commanding Officer. A Admiral.
    I guess you've forgotten your high school Constitutional lessons.
    A Full Colonel, Navy Captain, or any military person of any rank has absolutely no power over any chief, prosecutor or any other civilian authority in the US.
    When the US government was formed such actions as you allege was clearly defined to prevent such actions.
    Any 2nd Lt knows that. It was well covered in all the military academies, OCS, etc. Just because someone walked out with their pistol doesn't mean that the military had exerted any influence over any civil government. Deals are cut everyday in prosecutor's offices and by police and they don't have to be a full Colonel or any other rank.
    The military, and even more so the more elite groups, are very strict on members obeying civilian law.
    183 FBINA

Most people would truly be amazed at the power of a Navy Captain or other branches Full Colonel or above when dealing with civilian Chiefs and Prosecutors or D.A.'s. A few years back a friend was in New York City and was arrested for CCW. He was given his phone call and about a hour later, walked out with his loaded pistol. He called his Commanding Officer. A Admiral.
    Unless you were there with him I would not believe it. I used to work for the police department in Montgomery county Maryland, home of the National Naval Medical Center. We also had an annex and housing unit for Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and a number of other federal and military facilities. We had numerous Admirals, Generals, Supreme Court Justices, senators, congressmen, ambassadors, cabinet secretaries, and CIA Directors living in the county.
    Their rank might carry a lot of weight on post, but when the Admiral steps out onto Rockville Pike he is entitled to no more consideration than an E-1 janitor that works for him is. There has been more than one senior officer whose career ended when they got stupid off post.
    The biggest issues we had while I worked there were with politicians families and diplomats. The politicians kids were always fun with their " Do you know who my dad/mom is?" The diplomatic staff types that tried to claim immunity were frequently shocked to find out that if they were not in the directory we got from the State Department, I could verify their status with a two minute phone call. A lot of them learned the hard way that true "Diplomatic Immunity" is very limited in who and what is covered.

Long and short of it is, unless you personally witness one of these folks getting special treatment, don't believe it. The reality of how things work is way to boring to make a good t.v. show or movie plot.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    I am a former Navy seal and my friend and I work at a very large mall as part of their reactionary force....
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

It may be a rare occurence but if you don't believe that people with influence and or money get away with things the average Joe Blow doesn't I have some ocean front property in Arizona. Most LEOs would probably never even consider preferential treatment just like most are for a legally armed populace it's politically sensitive positions i.e. Sheriff or Chief that are more likely to have a hand in special treatment.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    This still probably goes back to the 'carrying orders' issue. I wonder how many of those orders have been written after the fact. Bet your friend got jacked up pretty good for getting caught.

Hey my old barber claims to have been a SEAL although that fake SEAL outers group says no. Maybe he can give me a straight answer.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goldshellback
    My wife's cousin is a SEAL stationed out in Coranado.....we never know where he's at. The couple/few times he's been out this way he's always armed off-duty. He didn't have a permit as of 5 years ago but he almost never is unarmed. He's good people too.
    Quote by Navy LT
    Doesn't mean that his actions are legal. However, in GA, active duty military members ARE legal to carry in any manner and location as a LEO.

Lt, you are correct. I never ment to suggest it was legal, or he CO gave premission, or any of that nonsense. I just put out my observations. Any military member, SPECOP or otherwise MUST follow the laws the rest of us do. Most certinally SEALs are not above the laws that we ALL must obay.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I am a former Navy seal and my friend and I work at a very large mall as part of their reactionary force....
    In which case I have some Level II trauma plates you might be interested in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links