LEO Involved Shooting Caught On Video

This is a discussion on LEO Involved Shooting Caught On Video within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is an interesting video. Along with the comment from the BG's father and the news commentary, this is sooooo rediculous. I hope the shooting ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO Involved Shooting Caught On Video

1952 - 2006

LEO Involved Shooting Caught On Video

This is an interesting video.

Along with the comment from the BG's father and the news commentary, this is sooooo rediculous.

I hope the shooting review board takes 10 seconds to say good shoot.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/ohio-fight-for-life.html
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I have been analizing that Bob - in fact saw it last night and was still running it thru.

It does seem very cut and dried now - all points to trooper doing what he had to do - and yet the family wants to sue - sheesh! It is about time suits were not permitted for legitimate shoots - and this certainly right now seems to be incontravertible.

I did have a news site link yesterday but cannot find yet - will post if I do.

Here it is - one anyways -

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/7294281/detail.html
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    seems a law stating all proven criminally guilty , should not have the right to sue civilly. this should be to protect civilians and LEO alike.

They shouldn't be able to sue, he had a gun(and fired it) and resisted the officer and fought with him, game over.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

The BG's father is absolutely right: He didn't have to die. It was a bad move to get into a struggle with a police officer. It was an even worse move to pull a gun on the officer. If he hadn't have had that lapse in judgement, the BG would still be alive today.
    יזכר לא עד פעם
    Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am.
    Remember. Never Again.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick
    They shouldn't be able to sue, he had a gun(and fired it) and resisted the officer and fought with him, game over.
    +1

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

The kid was drunk, stupid, resisted, and tried to take the officer's life. I agree it shouldn't take but a single look at the video to call it a justified shooting. I'm sure it's hard for his parents to accept the fact of what happened even when they saw the video - we always believe our kids would never do a serious wrong. Maybe they'll come to their senses before it all goes to court.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have a problem with the officer's actions.

He waited too long to shoot.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

This can make it challenging to carry in Ohio as it only makes our troopers very nervous upon approach. We must immediatley inform LE if pulled over. As you can see this guy had bad intenions.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    It appears that he adminstered first aid after the shooting, win or lose the LEO has to live with that night for therest of his life, perhaps he should counter sue?

I'm sure the man spoke from grief over his son's death, but there's something just incredibly stupid in his saying that he didn't care what the video showed, as if it had nothing to do with what happened.

No, his son didn't "have to die." He brought it on himself.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Just because the family 'wants' to sue, doesn't mean the court will allow them to. They can say whatever the heck they want to to the media. It'll be up to the judge whether or not they'll even allow the trial to take place. Civilly or not, if it's not a good case, the court should put an iksnay on it.

No his son didn't have to die. No his son didn't have to illegally have a gun on his person. No his son didn't have to draw it on a cop. No he didn't have to fail as a father and not teach his son the difference between right and wrong. To hell with him.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

1952 - 2006
    Echoing many of the above posts, I can see the father saying now........"He shot him in the head. He never gave him a chance...."

As expressed above, he had a lot of chances. He didn't have to disobey the officer, he didn't have to struggle with him, he didn't have to try and shoot the officer. He had a lot of chances, he just used them all up.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Assistant Administrator
    On this parent deal - read this quote from another incident. It shows yet again how much parents can insist on tunnel vision -
    Last year a woman called the police on her drugged up knife wielding son and when the police caught up with him he went on the attack. They tried to tazer him and after that failed he was able to stab a female officer in the shoulder and neck. Both officers shot him and he died on the scene. The mothers comment on the news was, "I don't pay my taxes so the police can kill my boy".
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

100% justified. If this ever reaches the courtroom it will be a complete travesty. I love my son, but if he EVER pulled something like that, then he deserves everything he gets.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links