Conspiracy Theorists Were Right All Along!

This is a discussion on Conspiracy Theorists Were Right All Along! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://videos.billingsgazette.com/p/video?id=3781249 Viewer CommentsAdd Commentbobn said: put in on a boat and ship to your troops. that would be $ well spent Apr 17, 2009 bobn ...

Thread: Conspiracy Theorists Were Right All Along!

http://videos.billingsgazette.com/p/video?id=3781249

Viewer CommentsAdd Commentbobn said:
    put in on a boat and ship to your troops. that would be $ well spent
    Apr 17, 2009
    bobn said:
    Great they can pull it out of the garage every year for the parade. Folks there is no santa claus. Grant money??? and i'm sure this specialize vechicle won't cost a cent to maintain!! i found in absolutely obscene the photos of city officals grinning ear-to-ear atop their new TOY.
    Apr 17, 2009
    Wow said:
    Can't imagine Billings having SO many hostage/barricade situations as to warrant this. So so odd.
    Apr 15, 2009
    rob said:
    Montana? Why don't they put this vehicle on the Mexican border where the drug wars are spilling over into the US?How stupid!
    Apr 15, 2009
    Jonathan said:
    Billings, Mt. does not need an Ballistic Engineered Armored Response (BEAR) vehicle. The Department of Homeland Security provided a grant, however what will maintenance, training, and fuel cost the city? Could the DHS grant been otherwise allocated? Where can the people of Billings, Mt. read the conditions of this grant, and witch elected officials or board voted on this matter?
    Apr 15, 2009
    JonG said:
    What an unreal expenditure, and for what? We have alot of hostage situations around here?
    Apr 15, 2009
    Gustafmeich said:
    A bit spendy ... but as long as it keeps those boys and girls safe!
    Apr 15, 2009
    Kevin Lloyd said:
    They just got one down in Tucson AZ also.So how many of these things were just bought in our great recession.
    Apr 15, 2009
    myself said:
    what a waste of money during the recession
    Apr 14, 2009

Conspiracy Theorists Were Right All Along! by Gary D. Barnett

by Gary D. Barnett
    by Gary D. Barnett

As I opened up an e-copy of the Washington Times today, the headline read: "Federal agency warns of radicals on right." Many have talked about this and Karen DeCoster in todayís LRC blog here mentioned this report. Fox News, Drudge and many other "conservative" commentators are up in arms claiming that this is a direct attack against conservatives. I beg to differ. It is an attack against Americans!

The Department of Homeland Security is warning "law enforcement officials" (jackbooted criminal types) about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," but a footnote in this report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines rightwing extremism as "including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that (donít miss this part) reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority." If Iím interpreting this correctly, this report is going after anyone who dares to question federal authority. This would put libertarians directly in the governmentís crosshairs. In fact, I have been against federal authority my entire life, so am I a prime target? In addition, this report was sent to police and sheriffís departments all over the country. This is after thousands of combat troops have taken up permanent residence as domestic police, with thousands more on the way. This sounds like nothing more than a recipe for tyranny.

The governmentís destruction of liberty has been with us for generations, but due to the incremental nature of this assault on freedom in the past most paid little attention. But now our liberty is being pushed aside like a bulldozer mowing over anthills. Is anyone other than LRC readers and small (l) libertarians watching?

In the past I have talked about illegal wiretapping, illegal spying, government/private spying partnerships (Infragard), thought crime legislation, financial transaction monitoring, anti-money laundering legislation, immoral taxation policies and privacy invasions among many other government indiscretions, and many thought that I was too negative or too cynical. I even wrote an article about pending legislation that would allow government to round us all up and put us in federal camps. Now, after just recently seeing the leaked Missouri MIAC Strategic Report, The Department of Homeland Security is informing police to be on the lookout for any who would not be in favor of federal authority. Orwell as prognosticator has been well vindicated; more so than even he probably could have imagined.

I write this today after just learning this morning that in Billings, Montana (population 100,000) the Yellowstone County Sheriff's Department rolled out its new 13-foot tall, 35,000-pound Ballistic Engineered Armored Response vehicle (BEAR) purchased with, you guessed it, a Homeland Security grant. It is to be used by not only the sheriffís department but also by the Billings Police Department. They got this war machine just in time to tame those who are not in favor of federal authority. It is bullet-proof, has 2-inch shatterproof glass and gun ports on both sides. This idiocy is going on all over the country, and why more arenít fearful of the danger of this military arming of local police I donít know. In order for the normal citizenry to defend themselves from this onslaught of military weaponry, rifles and shotguns will need to be traded in for bazookas and hand-held rocket launchers. Unfortunately, these are still illegal.

All the federal governmentís offensive and defensive mechanisms are being put in place while the lowly sheep await the slaughter. More economic tensions with more unemployment along with over-zealous police thugs bent on revenue creation; what will be the straw that breaks the proverbial camelís back? What will it take before civil unrest is not just discussed on talk shows, but is evident in the streets of America? How much unrest will be tolerated by the now fully armed military-type police before they become physical?

If you want to continue to hide your head in the sand, donít dare connect these dots! We now have militarized police, combat soldiers on our streets, war-zone materials and weaponry in the hands of domestic government agents, FEMA camps, and a neutered rule of law. These atrocious changes have happened quickly, and at a time of civil restlessness. Is this a coincidence? I think not. Everything happens for a reason, and this time that reason is easy to spot. Are you looking? If not, you had better open your eyes soon!

April 17, 2009

Gary D. Barnett [send him mail] is president of Barnett Financial Services, Inc., in Lewistown, Montana.

Copyright © 2009 by LewRockwell.com. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit is given.

2. Remove Ads

The really good part..... they concluded some of this by "monitoring blogs and forums on the interent".

So... HEY ... if you are reading this..... my ancestors were here 100 years before this was a country..... and they fought for these rights..... hard..... if you read all that was going on in England (esp 1640 & on) ...England was putting political prisoners in jail for thinking and promoting the very ideas that became most of our Constitution. Don't mess with it...... England has openings, buy a nice house there and let us know how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    The really good part..... they concluded some of this by "monitoring blogs and forums on the interent".

So... HEY ... if you are reading this..... my ancestors were here 100 years before this was a country..... and they fought for these rights..... hard..... if you read all that was going on in England (esp 1640 & on) ...England was putting political prisoners in jail for thinking and promoting the very ideas that became most of our Constitution. Don't mess with it...... England has openings, buy a nice house there and let us know how you like it.
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Yea, if this is the same report that's getting a lot of attention (by mark levin, lou dobbs, fred thompson, shawn hannidy(spellings?)), homeland security also said returning iraq soldiers were possible threats to joining terrorists...WHAT?????????? The report was so general and lacked facts it's rediculous....The lady that is running the joke did go on air not too long after it came out and basically back stepped from the accusations. It is interesting and scary that smaller city's (where people care about 2A) are getting these "war machines".
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Links