Waterboarding?

Waterboarding?

This is a discussion on Waterboarding? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not what I had in mind exactly when I thought of waterboarding. I will say I obviously have never been put though it but it ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterboarding?

Waterboarding?

Not what I had in mind exactly when I thought of waterboarding. I will say I obviously have never been put though it but it really doesn't look that bad. When I hear of the horific tortures our POWs went though this seems like a cakewalk.

leenks.com - Playboy journalist bets he can take waterboarding

I think terrorist would deserve much worse.

Waterboarding is different from other tortures in that it makes you feel like you are about to die (drown) without actually hurting you. If I bang on your finger with a hammer, it's going to hurt, but it won't give you the sensation that you are about to die.

Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    Waterboarding is different from other tortures in that it makes you feel like you are about to die (drown) without actually hurting you. If I bang on your finger with a hammer, it's going to hurt, but it won't give you the sensation that you are about to die.
    I would allow much more, but that's why I'm not in charge. I think that if they were to bang fingers with a hammer WHILE waterboarding, the terrorist(s), wouldn't be so concerned with the waterboarding.

I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Its just, on the scale of what can be done, and what has been done to our troops, is this really anything to be worked up about. If they arewilling to kill them selves is the feeling of possibly dieing really going to scare them?

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I would allow much more, but that's why I'm not in charge. I think that if they were to bang fingers with a hammer WHILE waterboarding, the terrorist(s), wouldn't be so concerned with the waterboarding.

I'm just sayin'...
    I like the way you think.

I think this, and other forms of interrogation, should be allowed as they keep us safer that sticking these knuckleheads in our prison to watch the Dish Network that I provide via my US taxes.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

hmm, foreign nationals captured on a battlefield.
    Does anyone remember the definition of torture? Prior to the current definition that is being cast around.

waterboarding in not.
    banging fingers with a hammer is.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I agree that threatening a suicidal person with death is probably not the best way to get results...

I just wonder what the terrorists think. They are fighting a jihad, I'm sure doing far worse to our captured troops, blowing up civilians, etc. Biggest concern in our media, are we being to hard on them by putting water over their heads. It is an odd message in an eye for an eye world of the middle east. The infidels are waterboarding, we need to go blow up something.

The liberal media should keep it up. We look crazy, willing to spend millions bombing, while at the same time worried we might be to hard on the jihadists because we waterboard. That might be the best message I can hope to get across.

I mean, if I was in the middle east being shelled by US troops because some zealots desided to hide in my town, I could care less if the infidels were waterboarding the jihadists, while I can't find drinking water for my family.

Comparing waterboarding to the horrors that can be done is beyond relevant.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Deep down, I don't think they care if we really drown these guys..It's about elections and public perception.

The current adminstration knows it has to keep selling itself right up to the next election.

Closing of gitmo, Stopping torture, health insurance, goverment entitlements..

fluff and feel good stuff...
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I'm all for water-boarding, and worse. Whatever it takes to make them talk. The Army guy that ratted out the guards at Guantanamo is a traitor, he should be water-boarded too. We're not going to defeat these people by "out-nicing" them. They're involved in a "Holy War", the sooner that we come to grips with that fact the better.
    Dunk em Dano !

I don't think that we'll stop doing whatever we need to do to make them talk. We will however make everyone think we've stopped, we'll just be quiet about it from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Its just, on the scale of what can be done, and what has been done to our troops, is this really anything to be worked up about. If they arewilling to kill them selves is the feeling of possibly dieing really going to scare them?

Actually yes. It's a real psychological 'thrill".

When you are put in the position of "drowning" over and over It's different than pushing a button and flash bang.Most people fear drowning or dieing from fire as the 2 worst scenarios
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well.. now they all know we were not going to go any further than that and that now we aren't even willing to go that far... I guess this will make interrogation obsolete from now on.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=46949

Don't believe anything that is released by people saying waterboarding worked at this point. I'm not saying it did, I'm not saying it did not.

The entire conversation is media BS designed to get both sides up in arms and sell more advertising.

I've noticed several "sources" that report right leaning statements are found to be later riddled with holes. IMO, I think the left leaning sources release the information just so they can poke holes in it.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I guess I just ask....if it is not torture and is a legitimate interrogation technique, would you have any objection to terrorists performing waterboarding on captured U.S. servicemembers?

During my tours, I was more worried about being beheaded if I were to be shot down while I was flying over Fallujah...but I would like to believe if I were captured and waterboarded by some Al Qaeda, someone in the U.S. would object to that treatment.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links