Said thank you to a soldier

This is a discussion on Said thank you to a soldier within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was driving from Portland to Redmond to do some work for a small software company. At a rest stop, I saw a young man ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Said thank you to a soldier

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I was driving from Portland to Redmond to do some work for a small software company. At a rest stop, I saw a young man with a black Enduring Freedom t-shirt. I walked up to him and greeted him. I do not look like a panhandler but he did have a look of what does this guy want. I asked him, "Has anyone ever come up to you and thank you for you service?" He said no. I said, "Well then let me be the first". I shook his hand and gave him a bunch of kudos. A big smile came on his face. I think I made his day.

We don't do that enough.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I agree. and I do that also.
    I have also paid for a tank of gass for an army guy.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for your support.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Thank you ExactlyMyPoint. It does make my day when someone thanks me, or I see someone thank a service member in uniform. Because I know that they are not only thanking that particular individual, but all of us who serve. Is always good to be reminded that there are some people that actually appreciate the job we do.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

I make it a point to shake hands with every soldier I cross paths with...my wife and I have also purchased quite a few meals to young soldiers out for a bite here in our town...we enjoy doing that and the soldiers always 'smile'...they're worth it.

Stay armed...makd a soldier's day...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Thank you, you can't say it enough. I do whenever I see someone in active duty dress or a veteran.
    A simple handshake and a thank you is always appreciated, if you have the opportunity to do more, even better.
    A good friend is a WWII vet and 84 years young. I enjoy getting together with Bob, for a lunch or dinner, as often as I can, my treat of course.
    Bob is also a member of the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, and has been fishing for 76 years. Being older and on a limited income, he no longer has a boat, but you can bet there is always an open seat in mine, whenever he wants to go.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

When that happens to me it is two fold for me. I don't like to be the center of attention and just want to live my life. However it is also nice to be thanked too.

ExactlyMyPoint Thank you for doing that you never know you may have made his day or just made it a little better.
    Bryan A Dreyer
    Sgt USMC/US Army
    .45 ACP

I do the same, I also thank someone if I see a "My Son..." or "My Daughter..." shirt or bumper sticker. I will also stick a thank you note in the door of a house if they are flying a service flag, luckily I have never come across a gold star flag.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I always say thank you when I see a soldier
    Hey Obama, I will keep my guns, my money, & my freedom...You can keep "The change"_____Government is not the solution to our problems...Government IS the problem

Springfield Armory XD9SC...Bersa 380 CC...Ruger SP 101 357 Mag/Snub...Ruger 380 LCP...Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I work for an airline so I fly for free, if there is 1st Class available I can sit there. Whenever I get first and a soldier gets on, the first one I see is the grand prize winner of a handshake, a thank you, and a first class seat!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Thank You EMP! Being Active Duty and having someone come up and say that is awkward but means so much more that even the service member realizes at the time.

It's only happened to me a couple of times in the last 17 years but I remember the face of each of them......and the humble awkardness of being reconginized like that.

Again, Thank You
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I've received a few and given many, especially to those whose service preceeded my own. It's tough to beat eye contact with a plain old sincere "Thanks." Nothing more, nothing less.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I wanted to write thank you on a poster board and pin it to my chest last weekend because I said it so much. We went to an army air show at Cecil Field and I met many men and women who had just gotten back from Iraq....some had just gotten back the day before.

PS - I need a ride in a F-15 Eagle if anyone gets a chance, THANKS!
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Thanks. These people really deserve it, if anyone does.

I'd gone for breakfast at our little local restaurant.
    A lad walked in wearing digital camo and the issue desert boots. He was known to the waitresses and I over heard them talking about his deployment, and how short a time he had on leave.
    My meal was half way eaten before he'd placed his order -- the timing was perfect -- when I went up to the register I discreetly asked the waitress how much the young fellow's tab was.
    She said it was ten dollars and change.
    I handed her a twenty and said "His money is no good here. Tell him an old man who remembers sunrise over Saigon says thank you."
    I have thanked soldiers to their face.
    This one was busy eating and I did not want to trouble his meal.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links