If You Haven't Already, Then Wake Up.

This is a discussion on If You Haven't Already, Then Wake Up. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Found this on another board. I have been waiting to read something about infiltration by Middle Eastern terrorists into Mexico trying to camo themselves as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Haven't Already, Then Wake Up.

If You Haven't Already, Then Wake Up.

Found this on another board. I have been waiting to read something about infiltration by Middle Eastern terrorists into Mexico trying to camo themselves as Mexican and come accoss the border. ...

... and here it is:

http://www.insightmag.com/Media/Medi...r/laredo_0.htm

I am about as reasonable, and level-headed guy as you can find, and at 47 I am really starting to get concerned about TSHTF / TWOTWAWKI, etc.

We have problems coming, folks, and they are coming directly to our own soil, and I do not see anyone or anything doing much to stop it. And I'm old enough to find no embarassment in saying that I find it absolutely terrifying.

Best,
    Jon
    "You may not know it, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Charles Travis Postlewaite, 1882

2. Remove Ads

The border situation is scary to say the least. If we are hit again by terrorists the chances are great that it will be from people coming accross our southern bourder. This has to stop.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Exactly. But, who's going to stop it? And that's my point.

Best,
    Jon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon
    But, who's going to stop it? And that's my point.
    BigJon, I think the citizens of this country will eventually light the fire under our government to get a handle on this situation...unfortunately, I think it's going to happen after the SHTF.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

I agree, Senior American. That's why I'm looking to get up to speed quickly to learn what I must do to survive the interim period.

Best,
    Jon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon
    I'm looking to get up to speed quickly to learn what I must do to survive the interim period.
    It's hard to plan without knowing what form the SHTF is going to take...have you ever read this book?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156...lance&n=283155

Interesting fictional story with some good, realistic food for thought.

Rick

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    I have shared that concern Jon since 9/11 - in as much as, who is to say who will cross over and enter - all but un-challenged.

I do not think I have too much tin-foil to be thinking there are many cells of ''operatives'' here all the time, despite the supposed good efforts of the intelligence divisions. Over and above this is the ability as I see it to smuggle in ''devices'' - you decide what they could be.

The border issue is a never-ending hot potato for me and as TA has said - any real efforts will not probably be made or occur until after something big goes down.

I flew back from UK on Sept 10 2001 - the most normal day imaginable. Got home, went to bed, all was calm.

Not far into Sept 11 - well, we know what that was. So a transition from normalcy to hell in 12 short hours - and this can happen again - one day fine, next day all hell breaks loose.

Best we can do as individuals is watch our six as usual and also be alert for anything really out of place - it could be that an average Joe could spot something when LE doesn't. We most assuredly should not let complacency creep in.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    I would like to see our troops pull out of the middle east and redeploy on our northern and southern borders.

I agree with Rocky, and add Japan, Korea, Germany, France, England, Spain, Italy and whereever else we have troops. Lets defend our "soil" first, not theirs. Just think of the $$$ we'd save.
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Lead Moderator
    I think for the time being, we're screwed. We've ignored our boarders for years, and they are not going to be fixed overnight. I really do wish the Government would show something that looks like an improvement though.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    A question that has puzzled me for a while is why our gov't doesn't seem interested in stopping the flow of illegals into this country.
    Are they actually essential to our economy, or is there another reason?

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Stopping the bulk of illegals coming into this country would be relatively easy - First, ban any monies going from the US to Central and South America except when pre-approved by a law enforcement agency. That takes out the incentive for illegals to come here for jobs. Second, fine employers the fraction of their ANNUAL profits the illegal workers represent when caught employing illegals. That takes out the incentive for employers to hire illegals. Third, beef up the border security with all those troops we deploy in countries that don't support the US. Allow the border patrol to call in airstrikes on the Mexican Army units that "stray" into our country.

But none of those will happen as money and politics will prevent it from ever happening until another major loss of life.

Ever hear of La Reconquista look into it, something else to keep you up at night

Some Mexicans and Mexican-Americans want to see California, New Mexico and other parts of the United States given to Mexico. They call it the “reconquista,” Spanish for “reconquest,” and they view the millions of Mexican illegal aliens entering this country as their army of invaders to achieve that takeover. To an extent, they also have actual armed soldiers of the Mexican army, along with mercenaries from North Korea, Russia and other communist or former communist lands, and have already fired upon American Border Patrol officers and terrorized American ranchers. Shockingly, certain politicians in America are willing to sell out to the Mexicans. Here we consider the background to this disturbing development.

Senior Moderator
    Nothing out there that a .30 caliber bullet wont fix...

It's a political, economic and social issue. Until all of these are addressed, nothing good will happen.

Mexico has been totally corrupt from the top down for decades. It was safe to travel there many years ago, but it is not now. The corruption will not cease until their politcal system changes, which might well be for the worse. Given that, we ignore the problem because some of the "solutions" might be worse.

We ignore the border issues out of political convenience and economic necessity. Mexico is one of the larger US trade customers, we share a lengthy border, and we serve as an "escape valve" for their economy.

Socially, they are the largest "minority" in several large states, and projections show Hispanic Americans being a "majority" in some cases, in some states, with a decade.

Until the above matters are addressed in a meaningful manner, the problems, including border security, will continue unabated, and could well possibly trigger some of scenarios contemplated.

Our leaders need to develop an urgent sense of mission and act on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links