Military members, need medals/ribbons replaced??

This is a discussion on Military members, need medals/ribbons replaced?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey...I found this site out a while back, and they have some cool stuff there, and a couple of cool features also which I'll get ...

Thread: Military members, need medals/ribbons replaced??

Military members, need medals/ribbons replaced??

Hey...I found this site out a while back, and they have some cool stuff there, and a couple of cool features also which I'll get to.

For military members, our medals, ribbons, badges and other appointments mean something to us. I've only been out a very short time and I miss it terribly...

The site will make assembled ribbon bars for you with all the required devices mounted for wear, and they also do full large or small medal assemblies also that are uniform compliant for wear.

www.usmedals.com

You can also "mock" up your ribbons and it will generate a JPG image of what they will look like when completed, which you can add as a signature line or whatever on various message boards if you wish.

The thin-ribbon's are the best value IMO, as they include in the price mounting and any devices to the ribbon. I always ordered these while on active duty, they "wear" better, aren't as obtrusive, and present a really nice appearance.

They also have "mini" ribbons, great for vests, sport jackets, black tie affair or hats to name a few options of wear.

Here's mine...I'm still fighting for my Combat Action Ribbon from 97' and think I'll finally get it retroactively. Long story

2. Remove Ads

21 of them.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

21 ribbons or 21 medals??

If it's just ribbons, it would be like around $50 or so for a set of the flat ribbons...

If it's 21 medals you're talkin bout at an average price of say $20 or so not including devices, you're looking at a LOT to have them mounted...mini-medals would be roughly 1/2 of that price I think.

I'll have to keep this in mind, thanks.

I've come to realize that earning them is the easy part, it's getting MPF and AFPC to add them that's the real challenge!
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

And I was just thinking I need to update my ribbons after this deployment....

-Alex
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

If you're active duty or live fairly close to a base that has a good uniform/clothing store on base, or a place out in town, it may be cheaper for you.

The site I posted is more for like people like me who aren't around any large military bases.

When I had my ribbons mounted the last time about a year before I left, it was around $45 just for ribbons and devices.

Good stuff. Thanks.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I always found US Medals to be convenient, but one of the priciest places to get ribbons or medals mounted. Another good place that I now use all the time is UltraThin - The Original Thin Military Ribbon Set They make very clean looking thin ribbon bars.

Very cool site.

I have been out now (US Navy) for about 14 years. I still miss it all the time. I did a mock up of my ribbons. I think I got them correct.....

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Just so you guys know, it's hard to change the Thin Ribbons once you get a set. I like the way they look, and they would be good for somebody whose rack isn't going to change for a while. I've actually gone back to the old fashioned ones they sell at clothing sales because I can add one ribbon and it costs me the price of the rack and a new ribbon as opposed to buying a completely new set of ribbons.

YMMV,
    Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

This stuff is expensive regardless where you get it at IMO...I used to use all my uniform, awards, haircuts etc. as a write off on my taxes as a job expense to make it easier.

I was a Career Planner for a long time, and I was always in my Delta's for something or HQMC visits. As careful as a person can be, they get dirty from finger oil's or whatever.

A buddy who was a Career Recruiter told me a trick to help them stay clean longer is to put a few very thing layers of Scotchguard on them.

I think the last time I had a set of medal's mounted at Camp Lejeune, it was the cost of the medals, the devices, mounting fee of $5 per medal, and I wanna say something else too....I kow it was a lot of $$ to do.

COOL

I only did just under 5 yrs Navy and got out in 2000, but pretty sure this is correct...
    Attached Images
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

VIP Member

Free medals

Anyone who is missing their DD214 can go here to request a replacement eVetRecs: Request Copies of Veterans Military Personnel Records there is also a link on the left side of the page to request replacement medals.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

For all you Navy folks out there, here's the "real" ribbons...
    I tried to "edit" out the choice words, sorry if I missed some...
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (96.6 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (95.8 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (100.4 KB, 4 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (103.9 KB, 4 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (91.5 KB, 6 views)
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Links