The New 5.11 Light For Life?

This is a discussion on The New 5.11 Light For Life? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anybody have one of these yet? $169.99 Fully recharges in 90 seconds + a Strobe featue which I really like. http://www.511tactical.com/lightforlife.html The Light for ...

Thread: The New 5.11 Light For Life?

Administrator

Does anybody have one of these yet? $169.99
    Fully recharges in 90 seconds + a Strobe featue which I really like.
    http://www.511tactical.com/lightforlife.html

The Light for Life features Flashpoint™ Power Technology system is rated for 50,000 charge/discharge cycles with virtually no degradation—that’s a charge a day for more than 135 years! Through 50,000 cycles, our testing shows that the Flashpoint™ system will retain 96% of its full capacity.

Ready In A Flash

In just 90 seconds, the Light for Life UC3.400 goes from zero to fully charged— that’s 160 times faster than the closest competitor! That means you’ll always have light, instantly and when you need it for up to 120 continuous minutes, including a full 60 minutes at 90 lumens of light, plus an additional 60 minutes of reserve that starts at 25 lumens and cycles down to 15 lumens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How It Works

Charging
    A quick 90 seconds on the charger, and you’re ready to go. The Light for Life can be plugged into a car lighter or an AC electrical outlet.

The Light for Life features Flashpoint™ Power Technology system is rated for 50,000 charge/discharge cycles with virtually no degradation—that’s a charge a day for more than 135 years! Through 50,000 cycles, our testing shows that the Flashpoint™ system will retain 96% of its full capacity.

Proprietary Power Source
    The Light for Life™ contains no batteries and is fully powered by a proprietary energy management system that utilizes revolutionary ultracapacitors and computer circuitry. Ultracapacitors quickly load energy, and then quickly unload it—the same way the flash works in most cameras. With our Flashpoint™ Power Technology, we’ve taken it to the next level, harnessing the energy and slowly discharging it over time, at precise levels, to produce prolonged light with maximimum performance and run time.

LEDs
    Powered by 3 LEDs rated for more than 50,000 hours each (that’s 40 hours a week for more than 24 years) there is nothing to replace on the Light for Life. Ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Performance

Light for Life clearly outshines the competition.

Click the button once. The light will operate for 60 minutes in standard mode (90 lumens) and gradually reduce intensity to the 25 lumen standby mode for an additional 60 minutes. This mode gives adequate light for most applications and is similar to the output of most 2-D cell flashlights.

Press and hold the button for a full 15 minutes of the 270 lumen peak mode, followed by 60 minutes of 25 lumen standby light. This mode is effective when a burst is needed to light a large area or to throw the beam a long distance.

Press the button twice and the light will produce a 270 lumen tactical strobe used to instantly illuminate objects in a dark space, signal others or disorient a perpetrator, giving you valuable time to assess a situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Eco-Technology

This is the first flashlight that just might live longer than you will. The Light for Life is rated for 50,000 charge/discharge cycles (that’s one charge a day for 135 years) and comes with LED bulbs that provide more than more than 50,000 hours of light.

There are no batteries or parts to replace or dispose of, making the Light for Life a bright opportunity to live green and save some green.

VIP Member
    This is the first I'm hearing of this, sounds really cool.

Senior Moderator
    I need one. My only problem with lights is that I seem to lose them before they wear out.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    I want one.....But 90 seconds to recharge, not sure I can wait that long
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

It takes me less than 90 seconds to 'recharge' my TK11 - I just change the batts!

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    What size light is it?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

its ugly IMHO. I prefer Surefire's and Streamlights, but thats just me.

Haven't heard much yet. The idea alone is very appealing and I think we should have heard more about these and their performance.

I do think strobes are overrated and have their downsides in a confrontational setting.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Looks cool, definitely interesting, but the site doesn't load.

Would love to see one...90sec is pretty quick.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Huh? The 5.11 Tactical site is down. I just checked. Must be a temporary thing.

Links