I'm mentioning this in the LEO section because I think there are lessons to be learned from this book that will only benefit a LEO.

I just read a book by William R. Daniel, "Shootout at Miricle Valley". This book details the early 1980's deadly confrontation between a church group and local law enforcement. When I say local, I do mean local. I know some of the people in the book and was in the area when this happened. I was in High School.

I am amazed, although I shouldn't be, at the restraint shown by the Sheriff, his Deputies and local residents of the area. This could've gotten a lot worse, and probably should have. It reads like a study in human behavior and how in a moment of crisis each man is his own island while trying to be part of a union.

It also shows some of the character, or lack thereof of certain national figures that I wouldn't give a drink of water to if they were dying of thirst. Anyway, if any of you get the chance you might want to check this book out. It's published by Wheatmark.

Book Publishers & Self Publishing Company | Wheatmark

Biker