New Border rules as of June 01 for re-entry to U.S.

This is a discussion on New Border rules as of June 01 for re-entry to U.S. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As of June first a passport is required for U.S. and Canadian citizens entering the U.S. by land, sea or air. Didn't think anyone would ...

Thread: New Border rules as of June 01 for re-entry to U.S.

VIP Member

Exclamation New Border rules as of June 01 for re-entry to U.S.

As of June first a passport is required for U.S. and Canadian citizens entering the U.S. by land, sea or air.

Didn't think anyone would want a nasty surprise when heading home, so I thought I'd post this.

New U.S. border rules take effect for land and sea entry - CNN.com

This is a U.S. rule, so don't blame us for it!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    My ambulance company sent out a request for EMTs with passports last week for a trip to Canada, and I was like, "What?!?"

I guess they were on top of more than I am. But then again I never leave the good old USA.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Well Mexico is already off my list of places to go, and now Canada is right up there...never wanted to go back after being hassled about my NRA sticker anyway...another story!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    My many Canadian fishing buddies will have to cross the river to see me. I'm am not ever entering Canada by land or by water.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    Everyone please remember this is American rule. You do not need a passport to enter Canada or Mexico. It is a U.S requirement for re-entry.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Well Mexico is already off my list of places to go, and now Canada is right up there...never wanted to go back after being hassled about my NRA sticker anyway...another story!
    Had a fellow in the shop yesterday who had just returned to the U.S. on Tuesday through Port Huron, Michigan. He indicated that they had stopped him specifically because of his NRA sticker and wanted to see his concealed carry permit. They were assuming that he had weapons - which he didn't - and when he said he didn't have a permit, their response was that "you're lying, all NRA members have concealed carry permits".

I wish he could have said that "if that were true, it would prove that NRA members are showing that they follow the rules." Then, if I were in his spot, I probably would have been so intimidated that I wouldn't have been able to say anything.

By the way, he also said that the border hassle and concentration on his NRA sticker has gotten even worse since the "oops, that's not what we meant" report about domestic terrorists from Janet Napolitano.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    This the US customs asking about the NRA stickers? Did you send a report to the NRA? Ask for the badge number of the officer so the NRA can call his manager.

My wife is Malaysian, getting through the border is always interesting, but I have to say the US Custom people we have dealt with so far have been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    This the US customs asking about the NRA stickers? Did you send a report to the NRA? Ask for the badge number of the officer so the NRA can call his manager.

I don't know if the fellow will be back in the shop again - hope so. If he comes by I'll encourage him to contact the NRA with this issue. That's a good idea. If it happens to me, I will certainly try to 'take names and numbers'. I've since been told that the Port Huron entry is especially nasty to people who cross and more so if you have any 'subversive' stickers on your vehicle. NRA and Harley were mentioned as being a double whammy.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    CBP Officers don't have badge numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Everyone please remember this is American rule. You do not need a passport to enter Canada or Mexico. It is a U.S requirement for re-entry.
    It's actually not a requirement. A U.S. Citizen cannot be denied entry into the United States for any reason. We have a right to be Here. Returning after doing something bad might give Us a cell, but We will be let in.

When you show up to the POE without a passport, you're probably going to get hassled, may have to wait around fifteen extra minutes, and in the future there might be fines involved, but you are still going to get in.

So long as a USC enters without any merchandise it's technically perfectly legal to go around the POE and never see anyone official.

Don't let the Gov't and the media B.S. you.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Links