65 years ago, they did the impossible (Merged)

This is a discussion on 65 years ago, they did the impossible (Merged) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have met many WWII vets and had long talks with them. Many opened up about things they "did not talk about", and it was ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 65 years ago, they did the impossible (Merged)

I have met many WWII vets and had long talks with them. Many opened up about things they "did not talk about", and it was obvious why. I never met one that was not strong about America and what it stood for.......

one reason it hurts me to listen to Obama when he makes his "apology" speeches.

May they all... rest in peace and forever have our highest respect, and never let anyone dishonor the price they paid for so many others and freedoms that would not be enjoyed today if it had not been for them.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Today I gave a concealed carry class that had a lot of students in it. One of the club members that showed up to help was a WW2 vet that participated in the landings on D day. He showed up to help his life long friend that was also there on D day and had come to get a concealed carry permit.

One of the Instructors brought that fact to my attention. Before I presented my part of the class, I asked if there were any veterans there and about a dozen raised their hands. I publicly thanked them for their service and everyone applauded. I then asked if any what new what the significance of today was. One guy noted that 65 years ago "D Day" happened. I then asked if anyone of the veterans there had participated. The two WW 2 looked at each other and slowly raised their hands.

Some people of the people were in awe. Again, I thanked them for their service and everyone applauded again.

The old guys actually teared up.

In a just a few years, there wont be any left. If you know one, take a minute to shake his hand and let him know that you appreciate his service. Don't wait, because the youngest among them are 83 years old.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links