Government Demands Inventory of All VFW Weapons

This is a discussion on Government Demands Inventory of All VFW Weapons within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Email sent to VFW commanders Government Demands Inventory of All VFW Weapons Kurt Nimmo Infowars June 9, 2009 An Infowars reader has passed along an ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Government Demands Inventory of All VFW Weapons

Administrator

Post Government Demands Inventory of All VFW Weapons

Email sent to VFW commanders

Government Demands Inventory of All VFW Weapons

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars
    June 9, 2009

An Infowars reader has passed along an email sent to VFW commanders by the Assistant Adjutant of the Department of Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars indicating the U.S. Army TACOM (Tactical Army Command) is demanding an inventory of all weapons held by VFW posts.

“While you may have had possession of this equipment for 20, 40, 60 or 100 years,” the email states, “it still belongs to the U.S. Military.”

The email arrived with an inventory attachment where all weapons are to be listed and the document sent to the Department of Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars. “This form will then be bounced off of the central database of all Texas VFW Posts at U.S. Army TACOM to verify serial numbers of each item that has been issued. This is a very extensive list and goes back to before the VFW was founded. So if you have a cannon from the Spanish-American War — it’s on the list.”

Many VFW halls around the country have decommissioned military weapons on their properties along with uniforms, statues and flags from every era. It is a common practice for VFW honor guard units to use M-1 rifles made into blank firing devices for salutes at parades and funerals. Weapons held by VFW posts are generally kept under lock and key in storage rooms.

TACOM is not simply interested in blank firing devices and antique rifles and pistols, however. “Weapons and Equipment consist of but is not limited to, Rifles, Pistols, Mortars, Artillery, Tanks, Vehicles, Aircraft, Missiles, Aircraft Carriers (sic), etc, from any period.”

According to the email, any attempt “hide” the items will be dealt with severely. “Please do not try and hide this as all weapons and equipment not accounted for will be reported to the FBI and BATF as stolen military equipment,” writes Dan West, retired Sgt. USMC. “I am hopeful that I need not remind anyone of the severity of punishment that can be administered or the legal bills resulting from individuals or elected officers of the Post having possession of stolen military weapons.”

The inventory of weapons at VFW posts is further evidence the government does not trust veterans, even with antiquated and non-functioning military equipment used primarily for display and historical purposes.

Last month the government took the unprecedented step of requiring soldiers at Fort Campbell in Kentucky to disclose all of their privately owned weapons and gun licenses.

“Military officials insist the policy is not connected to a recent controversial Department of Homeland Security report that warned disgruntled veterans could pose a national security threat. Rather, the inventory of private guns is aimed at stemming what the Army claims is an increasing number of accidental discharges by gun-toting soldiers,” NewsMax reported on May 5.

On June 5, WorldNetDaily reported that Fort Bliss in Texas had informed soldiers who live off the premises to provide descriptions, serial numbers, calibers, makes and models of any of the guns they own privately.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Just the Obama administration turning up the heat.

When things get ugly the first thing that they will do is sieze all weapons from the VFW.

They have to know where they are first.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Now I have to wonder if they are going to try to take that cannon in Goliad.....
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Now I have to wonder if they are going to try to take that cannon in Goliad.....

Yeah, right.

Maybe next they'll ask us to turn in any pistols laying around in the Alamo also.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    First inventory(registration)then confiscation.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Senior Moderator
    I wonder how many VFW's have missles and aircraft carriers?

Hiding an aircraft carrier would be a serious offense.

This government of ours and the yahoo's running it continue to get stupider with each passing day.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I understand the governments actions. How can anyone who salutes the flag and means it be considered safe? Afterall the constitution isn't really supposed to be read by commoners.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I understand the governments actions. How can anyone who salutes the flag and means it be considered safe? Afterall the constitution isn't really supposed to be read by commoners.

Michael
    It's not only that.
    The powers in control right now, the progressives, believe the Constitution is outdated.
    Don't forget that during his inauguration speech he said he wanted to 'remake' America.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

I just want to say one thing that might get me a lot of heat. Like most of you, I dislike how the current administration has released certain comments about the danger of well trained, no longer serving, ex-military. In addition, this VFW inventory demand appears ridiculous.

I admit, I sometimes wonder about a vast leftist agenda to disarm the population as a means to enforce their agenda. At the same time, even prior to some of the statements made by the current administration, I considered the possibility that groups of former disenchanted military, trained to operate in small groups, could provide a potential threat.

Here is where I will be singled out for watching the A-team or Rambo to many times. For the record, I know a few way-out liberals. I have never met a leftist who told me their agenda was to take firearms to control the population. However I have meet a few ex-military (in no way the majority, I'm talking very few) who have expressed some questionable thoughts.

I remember the first time, it was someone years ago, a former vet informed me that, ..."if things did not get better...the revolution would not be televised..." He also stated he activilly trained "...like minded individuals." I don't want to provide details, as I don't want to be accused of other bias.

So while I agree the VFW inventory requirement is ridiculous (as firearms that would pose a true threat are already illegal), I don't necessarily believe it is wrong of the administration to be concerned about some of the statements made, or social circles traveled, by former military, considering the training and capabilities the government provided (though I do question the correctness of making the statements public). While this may sound "unfair", as long as it is not taken to an extreme, it is no different then a higher standard being applied to a black belt who strikes someone or, for example, I have an older friend who due to Cold War training can not leave the country without premission (and he was told no on one trip a few years ago). He has been retired from the military 25+ years.

Hope I made my point without angering anyone personally.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Administrator
    Everything at my VFW is inert, mortars, cannons etc. There are a few privately owned grande's that are in working order though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I wonder how many VFW's have missles and aircraft carriers?

Hiding an aircraft carrier would be a serious offense.

This government of ours and the yahoo's running it continue to get stupider with each passing day.
    Well it's not a VFW post but the Texas Navy has taken possession of the U.S.S. Lexington. But seeing as how it was the only carrier in the Pacific theater in WWII that was never camouflaged, I doubt we would try to hide it now!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I don't necessarily believe it is wrong of the administration to be concerned about some of the statements made, or social circles traveled, by former military, considering the training and capabilities the government provided (though I do question the correctness of making the statements public).
    So, in essence, the Oath of Service should be changed to, "...protect the country against all foreign enemies..."? Since, clearly, "domestic enemies" could mean individuals or agencies attempting to displace Constitutional law...

Lead Moderator
    This has my BS meter a little elevated. So far it only seems to cover VFWs and Texas. And of course it does state "issued and on loan". Just seems like something isn't quite right.

Sure like to see if other states and organizations got something...

What about the American Legion, and all that stuff in town squares?
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Oh well, I guess its beginning the demonization of our brave veterans just like the Vietnam war generation.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

This is not a conspiracy. Some bean-counter somewhere demanded a (useless) inventory of government-owned material that hasn't been accounted for in years or decades.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links