BAD, Local LEO part II

This is a discussion on BAD, Local LEO part II within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Police investigator charged with larceny HERKIMER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Robert Risi is an 18-year veteran with the Herkimer Police. The 42-year-old investigator now faces charges ...

Thread: BAD, Local LEO part II

BAD, Local LEO part II

Police investigator charged with larceny
    HERKIMER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Robert Risi is an 18-year veteran with the Herkimer Police. The 42-year-old investigator now faces charges related to the theft of more than $9,600 from a police evidence room."He was arraigned in Herkimer County Court on one count of grand larceny third, one count of petit larceny and two counts of official misconduct," said State Police Lieutenant Troy Little.
    Risi pleaded not guilty to the charges. This news comes after a five week investigation by State Police which revealed $8,733 was stolen from evidence related to a theft at a Fastrac Gas Station and another $877 was taken from evidence from a drug arrest.
    "We do not have any cash that's been recovered. I will say that his own statement that he may have a gambling problem. Involved legal gambling, where it may have gone, the bulk of it," said Herkimer County District Attorney John Crandall.
    Crandall says Risi admitted to stealing the money since last November. Risi's attorney spoke on his behalf.
    "The arrest on the indictment, of course his response, his only response right now is not guilty and it will remain that way for some time. His personal response was naturally he's embarrassed that this indictment came down," said Risi's attorney George Aney.
    Herkimer's police chief has known Investigator Risi the entire time he's worked for the police department and he says this news is a complete shock.
    "Never would have thought that he would have done it. He acted solely by his own admission. We have no indication to believe that anyone else was involved. In no way does it reflect the integrity of other members of the department," said Herkimer Police Chief Joseph Malone.
    Malone says his department is working to change evidence processing procedures to ensure this doesn't happen again.
    The DA's office is looking into how the theft of evidence could impact the cases involved in the investigation

2. Remove Ads

And his world is gonna get worse... I had over 800$ worth of stuff in that locker, that has gone, shall we say "Missing"... So he is gonna get some more charges very soon.... Grrrrrrr....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thylordjj View Post
    And his world is gonna get worse... I had over 800$ worth of stuff in that locker, that has gone, shall we say "Missing"... So he is gonna get some more charges very soon.... Grrrrrrr....
    HERKIMER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Robert Risi is an 18-year veteran with the Herkimer Police. The 42-year-old investigator now faces charges related to the theft of more than $9,600 from a police evidence room."He was arraigned in Herkimer County Court on one count of grand larceny third, one count of petit larceny and two counts of official misconduct," said State Police Lieutenant Troy Little.
    Risi pleaded not guilty to the charges. This news comes after a five week investigation by State Police which revealed $8,733 was stolen from evidence related to a theft at a Fastrac Gas Station and another $877 was taken from evidence from a drug arrest.
    I hope were not talking the same items!

LOL...hehehe... No its merch that was lifted from my store... with a stolen credit card...

Links