Foreign Troops on US Soil... coming to a state near you... on this July 27th!

This is a discussion on Foreign Troops on US Soil... coming to a state near you... on this July 27th! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.fema.gov/media/fact_sheets/nle09.shtm It's happening....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foreign Troops on US Soil... coming to a state near you... on this July 27th!

Foreign Troops on US Soil... coming to a state near you... on this July 27th!

Do whatever floats your boat, but don't dare to try and sink mine.

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009

Much ado about nothing...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Hate to break it to you, but we have foreign militaries training here all the time.

We've got two foreign squadrons stationed here at Luke to train permanently.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but we have foreign militaries training here all the time.

We've got two foreign squadrons stationed here at Luke to train permanently.
    +1,

Just about every "A" School class has one or two members from foreign militaries.

It's nothing new.

They have been doing that stuff for as long as anyone can remember. I lived next door to a bunch of Saudi air force pilots back in 1982 when I was in college.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Senior Moderator
    The Air War College has sevearl foregin troops attending classes at any given time
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

When I was stationed at Lowry AFB in 1972 we had a whole bunch of Iranian AF stationed there attending schools. About every base/post I was on during my 26.5 yr career had foreign military assigned at one time or another. Very common.
    183 FBINA

Nothing new. Back in 1984 I earned brownie points with my battalion C.O. by locating a platoon from El Salvador that had been "misplaced". I also recall seeing West German marked Tornadoes parked with some Air Guard stuff at BWI airport.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Due to wide open spaces in the USA, not available in places such as Western Europe, foreign troops from allied nations have been training here for DECADES, and I mean large units of troops, not just individuals and small units.

I remember an article from the 1970's, IIRC, or perhaps the early 1980's, which was about German troops here on NATO exercises in some western state, complete with their tanks and such, including their small arms, which included Uzis, which I found curious. It seems the Germans were compensating for the Holocaust, in part, by buying some small arms from Israel.

It said nothing about foreign troops participating in this exercise on U.S. soil. It talked about intelligence gathering and sharing among countries. As others have said foreign military have trained here for many years. When I hear of a foreign force acting as a police agency then I will get agitated.
    Last edited by ronwill; June 15th, 2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Grammer
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Cricket...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    Due to wide open spaces in the USA, not available in places such as Western Europe, foreign troops from allied nations have been training here for DECADES, and I mean large units of troops, not just individuals and small units.

I remember an article from the 1970's, IIRC, or perhaps the early 1980's, which was about German troops here on NATO exercises in some western state, complete with their tanks and such, including their small arms, which included Uzis, which I found curious. It seems the Germans were compensating for the Holocaust, in part, by buying some small arms from Israel.
    You would be surprised just how many tin hat's out there go nuts over this stuff, they think it is all new and go off the deep end when you tell them what you said....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Ever heard of little outfits called NATO and NORAD??

Exchange programs are common. Ours guys (and girls) work with yours and your guys (and girls) work with ours.

In fact, if you watched the Cheyenne Mountain Norad tour on Mail Call with Gunny Ermey, you would have noticed a Canadian in command.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

And of course there are certain benefits to having these foreigners come visit that the general public is not aware of. When I was younger one of our neighbors was the Naval Attache at the Australian embassy. Them Aussies make some fine beers down there and they can be quite generous with them!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links