"Fear Note" From A Police Academy Commander

"Fear Note" From A Police Academy Commander

This is a discussion on "Fear Note" From A Police Academy Commander within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "FEAR" Note From a Cop / Scott Wagner is a Police Academy Commander "FEAR" Note From a Cop / Scott Wagner is a Police Academy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation "Fear Note" From A Police Academy Commander

"FEAR" Note From a Cop / Scott Wagner is a Police Academy Commander

"FEAR" Note From a Cop / Scott Wagner is a Police Academy Commander // Current...

The fear on the street is palpable. Ever since the election of Barack Obama as President of these United States in November 2008, coupled with the election of a democrat party majority in both the U.S. House and Senate, concern for the United States and personal safety has ignited like a fire in dry grass.

Sales of guns – black guns, rifles, shotguns and handguns (particularly 9mm) everywhere, have gone through the roof. AR15s have literally flown off of dealer shelves, and only now in the spring of 2009, have I seen the display samples of ARs begin to reappear on the wall of my favorite shooting emporium after the initial post election rush.What is odd about this new fear is that it is not coming from the average citizen gun owner out there, but it is coming from what to me is an almost shocking source: street cops.

Street cops and SWAT cops that I know from various agencies – rural, suburban and metro – in my area are scared. Cops that before November 2008 never gave much thought (that I knew of anyway) to politics or more importantly to gun rights. For the most part, these are the guys that didn’t generally have any interest in shooting or gun ownership beyond keeping track of where their duty gun is, and a few of them didn’t even do that so well.What are we suddenly so afraid of? Well in our discussions it seems to boil down to four areas.

First, fear of federal government intrusion into our lives. Every time I look at or listen to the news, there is something new and intrusive coming out of the Obama administration and this Congress. New tax schemes, government-run Canadian-style healthcare, a volunteer citizen defense force (whatever that is, what happened to the National Guard?) equipped with funding similar to our military, forced voluntary “service” after retirement, a lack of a southern border with hordes of illegal and criminal aliens pouring over our border, the swine flu scare as well as government forced closing of thousands of privately held Chrysler and GM dealerships, which will be the final nail in the coffin for these companies and the list goes on and on.

But these items in the news are just the tip of the iceberg. We can’t see the full impact of these actions yet, but we don’t know what was added into the thousand of pages of stimulus package bills in the dead of night yet. I predict however that when the plans contained in the stimulus packages go into effect, a lot of us are going to be surprised if not shocked by what has suddenly and sweepingly changed.

What also scares us is the second, well-founded fear that there is an assault weapons ban looming, one that would make the Clinton Ban appear like a look of disdain in comparison. I remember well the 1990s and the Clinton years: the rise of militia groups, the “black helicopter” rumors and paranoia, all of which was motivated by the Brady Law and the Assault Weapon’s ban. What if a new ban comes requiring registration or confiscation and turn-in of banned weapons as what happened in Australia?

...I foresee much civil disobedience coming down the road. Americans are citizens, and not subjects like the British, Canadians or Australians. They just don’t always obey the law blindly and not one officer or citizen that I spoke to said anything like “I hope I get to keep this gun for awhile before they are banned; They are fun to shoot, so I would hate to give it up.” It isn’t going to happen, so the cop on the street and the soldier on the base needs to think now what he will do if the orders come down. I think you all get what I am saying here.

Which leads me to the third fear, that there is a revolution coming, yes, a revolution on the scale of the original American Revolution. You can hear this topic discussed on many of the talk radio shows by even the big name hosts. The possibility of an armed revolution against the U.S. government being discussed, albeit very gingerly and fleetingly and as something to be avoided, which it is.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; July 3rd, 2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: ADD BOLD EMPHASIS in next to last paragraph.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

We are in for some tough times.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I've thought about this same thing a lot. A cousin of mine said to me "Do not hunt me." Now, if my own blood would tell me this, there are others as well.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    We are currently withstanding the temptation as Americans to fight the govt. But in a moments notice when a person is trapped in the corner like a cat, instinct and will to be free takes over all emotion and all common logic and dictates that we fight out of that corner to survive and over come.

Humans were never made or meant to be bonded, enslaved, or controlled. Every empire that attempted to control and pressure people into servitude has failed at the end of a pitch fork, arrow, or bullet.

These politicians play not with just our freedoms but with the lives of Americans. It is time we take our country back through civility and not armed conflict. If civility fails then use force, if force fails, then God I pray that we do not have to utilize deadly force.

Here are some quotes that are fitting to this conversation:
    Associate this with those in charge as we speak....

"The tyrant always talks as if he's preserving the best interests of his people
    when he actually acts to undermine them."
    -Ramman Kenoun

It wont take long before Washington pushes American Citizens too far...

"You can make a throne of bayonets, but you cant sit on it for long."
    -Boris Yeltsin

And finally as he seen it! ...

"Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty."
    -Ronald Reagan
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

So what is the 'fourth'fear?
    It remains unnamed in this article.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Janq: Yeah, I noticed that too, but that was all there was at the original source where I got this and I included the link. Possibly this one was excerpted from a still larger article, but....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

This might be the original article link:

Tactical-Life.com COMMENTARY: Four Reasons Why Gun Sales Are Up

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Yes, and here is the rest of the article where it left off from post #1 above.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I never heard this mentioned in the 90s.

One of my quietest, low profile officer friends brought it up the other day. He said that at some point in the near future, he felt there is going to be an armed revolt if things keep going the way they are. Something has got to give. I was shocked. Yes, I had heard this from some of my more radical cop friends in the past, but to hear it from a guy like this was unprecedented for me. Now, these guys are not saying this will happen to foment revolution, preach sedition or to even participate. They just want to be ready if it happens, to at least defend their families, because number four on the fear list is general societal chaos.

Cops fear for their parents, wives, children or grandchildren more now than ever before. Most cops are encouraging their spouses and loved ones to get concealed carry permits. Not only that, but some of these same cops are buying gun mounts for their personal cars so they can carry an AR in the family ride at the ready all the time. They are also strapping on heavier forms of off-duty hardware. I have other friends that are issued ARs or subguns for tactical team use, who always have their gear with them and are planning on just commandeering these weapons for personal use in defending hearth and home.

Final Notes
    This is pretty heady and maybe even dangerous stuff. Know fully that I am not advocating anything here. I am reflecting to you what I see and hear going on around me, and maybe saying things that haven’t been said in the open, until now. It is something to think about.

Scott Wagner is a Police Academy Commander and Professor at Columbus State Community College in Columbus Ohio, and Commander of the 727 Counter Terror Training Unit. A 29 year law enforcement veteran, and current Deputy Sheriff, he is the Precision Marksman for the Union County Sheriff’s Office SRT Team.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I will be the first to tell you guys that in recent years, the gub'ment has been gearing up for such things like I've never seen before. Some of the things I could tell you would scare the pants off some of you guys. Nothing major, just subtle changes here and there, equipment and training that is provided stuff like that.
    Put it all together and think a little bit.... its kinda scary.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Happy 4th of July

"When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered."

- Dorothy Thompson

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.
    Last edited by Manan; July 4th, 2009 at 05:14 PM.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

...I foresee much civil disobedience coming down the road. Americans are citizens, and not subjects like the British, Canadians or Australians. They just donít always obey the law blindly and not one officer or citizen that I spoke to said anything like ďI hope I get to keep this gun for awhile before they are banned; They are fun to shoot, so I would hate to give it up.Ē It isnít going to happen, so the cop on the street and the soldier on the base needs to think now what he will do if the orders come down. I think you all get what I am saying here.

Been saying this for several yrs. Have aske several LEOs & my son before he retired from USAF
    Some said it would never happen.
    Now it is plain as the big nose on Nancy's face.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

On a bright note:

They would have to convince our soldiers to turn their weapons on their own citizens and kill them full knowing that their government is breaking the constitution of the United States.

It isn't that we are some foreign body, but the guns they will be pointing towards be their uncle, brother, son, daughter or father. We may find ourselves that our military will disobey their orders to kill their own countrymen .
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    On a bright note:

They would have to convince our soldiers to turn their weapons on their own citizens and kill them full knowing that their government is breaking the constitution of the United States.

It isn't that we are some foreign body, but the guns they will be pointing towards be their uncle, brother, son, daughter or father. We may find ourselves that our military will disobey their orders to kill their own countrymen .
    Look at what happened in Germany under Hitler and Russia under Stalin.

I've been watching "The Revolution" on the History Channel today. I can guarantee you that if Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Franklin were alive today the revolution would have already started. The folks that haven't been drinking the Kool-Aid served up by the MSM see this country, a country they love, going down the toilet and many are not going to take the ride silently.

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    On a bright note:

They will NOT disobey their orders. A few might but the majority will do their duty (which is to obey lawful orders).

I would not count on this as part of any plan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links