Everyone should watch this,.. Specially Vet's..

This is a discussion on Everyone should watch this,.. Specially Vet's.. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; YouTube - Veterans Fight to Keep 75-yr. old Mojave Desert Memorial cross Also, a big Thanks for all Vet's out there.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everyone should watch this,.. Specially Vet's..

Everyone should watch this,.. Specially Vet's..

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Great post...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

One more reason the ACLU is a bunch of , , , and !!!

And this was started by a man who is not typically offended by a cross (Roman Catholic) that MAY drive down this desert road so far away from his home in Oregon.

Sometimes I think people just look for a reason to ***** and moan to get their name in the papers.

What a friggin moron! Read my sig and see how I really feel.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I say send his butt to afghanistan and have him walk in front of a squad as a minesweeper,minus the electronics
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    And this was started by a man who is not typically offended by a cross (Roman Catholic) that MAY drive down this desert road so far away from his home in Oregon.
    You know, that's what bothers me the most. Someone may be offended so we have to take down a memorial. What's next, a WWII memorial might offend some Neo-Nazi's so we have to take that down as well?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

That is absurd and saddening (or is it maddening?). Some guy may be offended as he drives by?? Let him be offended, then. Our vets are more important.

ACLU

Azzhats Commie Lovin Unichs!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    From what I gathered, it looks like the issue isn't that the ACLU or this guy is "offended" by the sight of the cross. They said it was because it's "a religious symbol on government land" and "violates separation of church and state".

The words I have for these guys I can't even say on this forum. This is a memorial for those who gave everything for this nation. It has no religious context. Should we tear down all the headstones at Arlington? Those are all religious symbols on government property.

This stuff makes me so mad. People are so caught up in their faulty politics that they can't even stop to think about what they are doing. They are so self centered that they can't honor those who fought for their freedom to complain. If they don't want to honor our fallen, that's fine with me. They can go to a very hot place and burn. But they should not be able to say that those who do want to, can't.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

We're from the ACLU
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This just totally makes me so mad I don't know what to do. Why is it that one person who "might" drive by and see it will be offended. What ever happened to the majority of people who might not be???? When is this all going to stop???
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Unbelievable. A guy from Oregon may drive down there an be offended??? Stay out of the area .

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

That is ridiculus, they should leave it there.

Nobody really gets what separation of Church and State really is. It suppose to be that there is not a government sponsered church, owned, mandated, controled, financed and given political power from our government.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

The is very "not good"!

The ACLU and this yahoo from Oregon offend ME!
    My I take them down?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    Nobody really gets what separation of Church and State really is. It suppose to be that there is not a government sponsered church, owned, mandated, controled, financed and given political power from our government.
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. It was not meant to keep religion out of Government but to keep Government out of religion.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Since when did offending people become such a bad thing that those who might be offended have a right to tell everyone else what to do? The very idea of that is offensive to me, thus they should not be allowed to even state that they are offended.

I am a free American and it is my right to offend people if I want to. Been doing it for years. I'm what you call a "repeat offender" I guess, but I really don't care if people get offended or not, it's their problem. They need to either deal with it or go somewhere that is not so offensive to them.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links