U.S. Marshal convicted of buying gun for reputed N.J. gang member

This is a discussion on U.S. Marshal convicted of buying gun for reputed N.J. gang member within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; U.S. Marshal convicted of buying gun for reputed N.J. gang member by James Queally / The Star-Ledger Tuesday July 14, 2009, 7:40 PM TRENTON - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Marshal convicted of buying gun for reputed N.J. gang member

by James Queally / The Star-Ledger

Tuesday July 14, 2009, 7:40 PM

TRENTON - A Deputy United States Marshal was convicted in federal court today of illegally obtaining a handgun for a 33-year-old ex-felon and reputed gang member whose prior convictions included aggravated assault and robbery, authorities and court papers said today.

Antoine Dobson, 29 of Irvington, used his position as a Marshal to purchase a semi-automatic handgun last year for Larry Langforddavis, a close personal friend from Hillside, according to Acting U.S. Attorney Ralph J. Marra.

Dobson obtained the weapon, which was loaded with hollow-point bullets, by certifying on a U.S. Marshals' service letterhead that the gun was for "official use" only, according to Marra. He was convicted on one count of providing a firearm and ammunition to someone convicted of, and under indictment for, a felony and one count of perjury.

Dobson faces a maximum of 10 years in prison on the weapons charge and a possible five-year sentence on the perjury charge, Marra said, and up to $500,000 in fines.

U.S. District Judge Peter G. Sheridan will hand down a sentence on Nov. 2.

In January 0f 2008, Langforddavis allegedly tried to convince several Elizabeth police officers that he was a law enforcement agent by showing them Dobson's handgun, which was strapped to his ankle, Marra said. Days later, Langforddavis was arrested in the parking lot of an Elizabeth strip club and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon, according to Marra.

According to state Department of Corrections records, Langforddavis, who also goes by the aliases of Larry Davis and Chad Pennington, has been incarcerated three times since 1994 for multiple robbery and weapons-related charges, aggravated assault and distributing drugs on school property.

Court papers from the initial indictment, unsealed in October of 2008, state Langforddavis is a member of the Grape Street Crips.

LINK

2. Remove Ads

Why would a US marshal risk his lively hood for this dirt bag?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Maybe because he is a dirt bag also?

See the post running about the new law "only one gun per retail store per month that was passed last week. The old saying when they take the good guys guns only the bad guys will be left with the guns is very true in NJ>
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Maybe Langforddavis made him an offer he couldn't refuse..........

VIP Member
    Dobson obtained the weapon, which was loaded with hollow-point bullets
    I'm surprised they did not charge him for the bullets also since hollow points are illegal in NJ.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"a close personal friend"...
    Maybe the Marshals need some better screening techniques.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Dirtbags multiply like rabbits...they stick together, and come in all 'flavors'. Now this one is about to pay the fiddler.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Antoine Dobson, 29 of Irvington, used his position as a Marshal to purchase a semi-automatic handgun last year for Larry Langforddavis, a close personal friend from Hillside, according to Acting U.S. Attorney Ralph J. Marra.
    So tell me this. How does a U.S. Marshall have a close personal friend that is a convicted felon and gang member?

Apparently someone wasn't paying attention when they took an oath to uphold the law.

I hope he gets the maximum sentence, he deserves it. After taking taxpayer money to do a job and then going directly against what he was paid to do, he needs to play house in the jail cell for a long, long time.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    ....he needs to play house in the jail cell for a long, long time.
    He'll be Bubba's wife.

Corruption and stupidity know no boundaries, they both can reach almost anyone.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I'm surprised they did not charge him for the bullets also since hollow points are illegal in NJ.
    They may do that in state court, but I doubt it.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Originally Posted by HITCH KING

Maybe because he is a dirt bag also?

Sounds like a duo of dirtbags to me. Hope that they put the former US marshall in a three man cell with Leroy and Bubba from the Outlaws motorcycle club.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    So tell me this. How does a U.S. Marshall have a close personal friend that is a convicted felon and gang member?
    Who does/did the Marshall sleep with(usually the convict's woman, while the convict is in-house- a favorite trap)? Does he use hookers? Does he pimp? Used/dealt dope but never caught before he joined the service? Current dope use is possible, but less likely.

VIP Member
    I wonder how the anti gunner's will spin this?

They are the ones that claim 'Only law enforcement should have guns...'.......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links