Weird Border crossing~~~at least for me( kind long) - Page 2

Weird Border crossing~~~at least for me( kind long)

This is a discussion on Weird Border crossing~~~at least for me( kind long) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Note to anyone going up to Canada. Buy your beer here and take it over. The beer prices are insane up there. But we have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird Border crossing~~~at least for me( kind long)

Note to anyone going up to Canada. Buy your beer here and take it over. The beer prices are insane up there.
    But we have real beer not that water you call beer. LOL You pay for what you get.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sp2022 View Post
    But we have real beer not that water you call beer. LOL You pay for what you get.
    Ya beat me to it!!!

I like Americans, but your beer is like drinking old dishwater.

(Near the Second Amendment But Unfortunately Not Affected By It)
    Lots of handguns are smuggled into Canada and end up with gangbangers in the big cities. Most of them are smuggled through the native reservations straddling the border.

As a U.S. citizen currently residing near Toronto who crosses with legal handguns regularly, I can tell you that The CBSA guy you got was, shall we say, a bit odd. You handled it well, though. Your day could have turned out very awful.

I'm wondering of our CCW info shows up on the Homeland Security, CBSA computer system. Does anyone know?
    NRA 2AF IDPA
    Tactical Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by V65magnafan View Post
    Lots of handguns are smuggled into Canada and end up with gangbangers in the big cities. Most of them are smuggled through the native reservations straddling the border.

As a U.S. citizen currently residing near Toronto who crosses with legal handguns regularly, I can tell you that The CBSA guy you got was, shall we say, a bit odd. You handled it well, though. Your day could have turned out very awful.

I'm wondering of our CCW info shows up on the Homeland Security, CBSA computer system. Does anyone know?

I wouldn't be surprised, NYS has my finger prints, address and they know the Make, model and serial number of all my hand guns. (NY doesn't seem to care about long guns? )
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Got it just as bad last night. I think that witch was really starting to enjoy the frisking. It happened over a 30 minute period, she started pulling at my unmentionables...are you kidding me? In front of everyone! I am PISSED!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Got it just as bad last night. I think that witch was really starting to enjoy the frisking. It happened over a 30 minute period, she started pulling at my unmentionables...are you kidding me? In front of everyone! I am PISSED!
    Grrr. Nasty. I guess one could always politely ask to see a supervisor. Seriously, and I don't mean to be funny: were these unmentionables in your luggage, or were you wearing them? I've had a Canadian CBSA woman pulling out my kid's dirty diapers from their plastic bag--and this was over twenty-five years ago. The border people have the authority to examine anything they want to, including mobile phones, laptops, memory sticks. Everything.

Yesterday, as we were crossing back into Canada, next to us, in the next lane, was a guy from NC with an F-250, a storage box, a duck blind, and an ATV. Of course, he was pulled over for a secondary, but within ten minutes, he was on his way. Either he had no firearms with him, or he had done all his paperwork.
    NRA 2AF IDPA

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    WEARING THEM. she pulled my undies over my jeans' waist. Picture an atomic wedgie all the way around. NOT pleasant. Mr. Bunny was flabberghasted.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Not nice. I would politely ask for a supervisor.

Keep in mind that the Canada US border is hot these days. Canada is the world's leading producer of synthetic illegal drugs, and, in partial trade, thousands of handguns are being smuggled north. The big cities in Canada are becoming shooting ranges. Of course, the law-abiding up here are allowed to be targets.

Funny though. CSBA took a few minutes to be sure the serial number on my
    G22 matched my Canadian registration. I still could have had illegal handguns in the travel bag next to my gun case.
    NRA 2AF IDPA

this is kind of funny story, It happened back in 1970-71

Me and my brother went to Montreal to the Worlds Fair, we were in his 1964 VW Camper/Bus. We had a rifle rack on the drivers side wall with a bolt action 30-06, two 30-30's and two 22 bolt action rifles and about 300 rounds of various ammo

At the Canadian border this "old guy" comes over to the camper and asks to search the vehicle, so I jump out and open the side sliding door. Right next to the door and right behind the passenger seat is a sink, on the sink was open package of Oreo cookies.

The "old guy" says "awful lot of firepower there 'eh. You got ammo for all of that"

I said "sure? what good are rifles without bullets, there in the drawer under the sink"

at this point the old guy spies the Oreo's

he says "Oh my, this not good (we figured he was talking about the ammo) I'm going to have to confiscate these 6 cookies, I suspect these might be contraband"

he grabbed a half dozen cookies and started to walk away and waved his hand and said "have fun 'eh"

I busted out laughing and we got in the camper and went on our way

all the weird stuff happens to me
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Sounds like an unpleasant crossing.

Rule #1 Don't go to Canada.

Rule #2 If violating Rule #1, bring Oreos.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    at this point the old guy spies the Oreo's

he says "Oh my, this not good (we figured he was talking about the ammo) I'm going to have to confiscate these 6 cookies, I suspect these might be contraband"

he grabbed a half dozen cookies and started to walk away and waved his hand and said "have fun 'eh"

I busted out laughing and we got in the camper and went on our way
    Absolutely not allowed!

Back away from the Oreos and no one gets hurt!!!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

next time, maybe I'll bring double stuff Oreo's, just in case
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links