Back from the Range with my local PD

This is a discussion on Back from the Range with my local PD within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Despite shooting in sheets of Georgia rain I shot a very respectable 288(96%)out of 300. I beat a good number of the young guys on ...

Thread: Back from the Range with my local PD

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar

Back from the Range with my local PD

Despite shooting in sheets of Georgia rain I shot a very respectable 288(96%)out of 300. I beat a good number of the young guys on the job,which was cool, but the important thing was getting out there and doing it. I'm now covered as far as H.R.218 is concerned and made new friends with my local department. I strongly suggest that all retired LEO's and civilian CCW holders go meet their local cops. The guys will be glad to know that there are so many GOOD GUYS out there covering their back and sharing info. Just my $.02 from a damn Yankee living in red-state Georgia!

PS: My Glock(and the PD ones)did NOT burp once!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

2. Remove Ads

good shootin'! i honestly didn't know that local PDs even allowed civilians to use their ranges. seems to me like they'd be extremely against that. they may or may not here where i live but it's at least something to think about. i drive past a very active local PD range almost every day. i might give them a call tomorrow actually!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DC22GSR View Post
    good shootin'! i honestly didn't know that local PDs even allowed civilians to use their ranges. seems to me like they'd be extremely against that. they may or may not here where i live but it's at least something to think about. i drive past a very active local PD range almost every day. i might give them a call tomorrow actually!
    Generally, it is frowned on. But, retired LEO's are always welcome.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Most LEO ranges are closed to the public,probably has a lot to do with insurance,I've met some DEA ,Border Patrol,ICE,US Marshalls at my local range getting in xtra practice,I've shot some of their issue weapons both semi and select fire,most of them are really cool once you get to know them and they realise you are good guys
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

the county's range here is off limits to civilians unless you're accompanied by a LEO..pretty nice set up actually. but a lot of orlando leos just come next door to the private range since the county doesn't share with orlando leos. guess that'll change once the new orlando pd range opens up in the next year or so

Links