SO MAD about Border Crossing! (long rant) - Page 4

SO MAD about Border Crossing! (long rant)

This is a discussion on SO MAD about Border Crossing! (long rant) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MsGunnyBunny And maybe, as you said, you look Middle Eastern even though you have a Dutch name. They aren't supposed to profile ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsGunnyBunny View Post
    And maybe, as you said, you look Middle Eastern even though you have a Dutch name. They aren't supposed to profile but I think they do anyway.

I know its an inconvenience but I'd rather be searched than not; I have nothing to hide so let 'em have at it. Being a dual US/Canadian I have had all experiences. Most likely it was Canadian Customs that got you at the initial screening where you take off your shoes and put your carry on stuff in the gray bins. After that, you enter the US Immigration part of the airport and then show your passport to a US customs person.
    Thanks, Mrs. GB. They hadn't even looked at my ticket/boarding pass/passport yet, so they wouldn't know my name. In fact, they hadn't seen any of ours yet. We just stood on the line where you have to empty your pockets and put everything in a bin and slide in on the conveyor belt. We were maybe 5 or 10 people away from being able to grab a bin at all when she takes one look at me, walks over, and tells me I'm going to be her random female screen today.

I agree, I have nothing to hide, so bring it on and check me out. HOWEVER, I did not appreciate a 30 minute cop-a-feel. I've been frisked before (forgot to take out a bobby pin in my hair and kept setting off the metal detector in the US) and it was NOTHING like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    We do whatever is asked of us when flying, in order to get on the plane and on our way. That makes sense. But once it gets more than 15 minutes of searching your person, or it becomes public humiliation, then it is time to stop co-operating (assuming you are innocent and did not do something galactically stupid). Loudly asking why they are repeatedly frisking you in such a public place, are they getting off doing this, requesting to speak to a supervisor, request a lawyer, request medical attention due to stress, ask them to call LEOs, etc. Ask other passengers to call your family, company, lawyer, whoever you can think of. Just because you are trying to get on a plane does not mean you have lost all your civil rights and can be abused by anyone with a uniform (at least not in the USA).
    Good to know, I didn't think of any of that, probably because the whole time I was thinking "there has to be a hidden camera somewhere and I'm being set up for some reality comedy show." Next time. Thanks.

Would you call having a gun magazine and NRA training/student materials and some cash in your bag "galactically" stupid, or just merely dumb bunny behavior? ;) But again, this all happened and was over before she even started to X-ray or look in my bag at all.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Would you call having a gun magazine and NRA training/student materials and some cash in your bag "galactically" stupid, or just merely dumb bunny behavior? ;)
    Nah, galactically stupid would be the woman in front of me a few flights ago who was wearing metal studded clothing trying to get through the metal detectors.

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post

No, No !
    To me you look like you was from Brooklyn
    Niner, you need to take that back.Saying someone looks like a yankee is the most horrible thing ive ever heard!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Niner, you need to take that back.Saying someone looks like a yankee is the most horrible thing ive ever heard!
    Believe it. Them's fightin' words round here!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Dude! , I was going for Italian
    No need to start the civil war all over again.
    But you may have a point.
    OK, I take it all back.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I to am sorry about your trip not going well, I wear a Canadian Shooting sports Association hat everyday, i get some looks, but also some good feedback. Personaly I would told them to ef off if they asked for my hat and then started looking for the head honcho and make a scene. As for the securtiy types, they are contracted to provide security. Send a letter to the Public Safety minister office, send another to the Toronto tourist agency, city hall, airlines and the Toronto Star. Don't mention the gun mags just tell them how excessive and unproffesional they were and that you will tell eveyone in your industry not to travel to Toronto. Generally the government up here does respond to letters.

Next time come to Vancouver, give us some warning and we get you shooting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links