$50 a gun

$50 a gun

This is a discussion on $50 a gun within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two Starr County men are behind bars after allegedly delivering guns to customers waiting for them along the shores of the Rio Grande River. U.S. ...

Thread: $50 a gun

$50 a gun

Two Starr County men are behind bars after allegedly delivering guns to customers waiting for them along the shores of the Rio Grande River.

U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers filed felon in possession of firearms charges against Armando Bazan and Cesar Canales.

Court records show that authorities spotted the two men in a truck at Margo’s Farms outside Rio Grande City.

A traffic stop for reckless driving revealed the two men had three assault rifles.

The men told investigators that they were getting paid $50 dollars to deliver the guns to customers from Mexico waiting for them along the Rio Grande River.

Court records show that both men had previous convictions in state and federal drug cases.

Bazan was identified as a 46-year-old Rio Grande City man while Canales was identified as a 50-year-old Roma man.

Both men remain in federal custody after appearing before U.S. Magistrate Court Judge Dorina Ramos in McAllen.
    They were getting 50.00 a gun for committing a major felony,I hope they like prison,that would equate to around about 5 cents a day if they get 5 years each
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Oh damn, I thought gun store owners were selling guns directly to mexican drug cartels.
    Still, I wonder how these guys got a hold of the guns, I'm not familiar with the laws in Texas, and who knows how many hands these guns have been through to reach this point.
    Glad they caught these idiots, 5 years doesn't seem like a very long sentence for giving the antis ammunition to shred our constitution.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

That is great to hear, that may have very well saved the lives of some CBP agents....

Im sure they were not buying them to just practice some shooting...
    Bad elements with bad intentions..

Let's see if I have this right. Two crooks have three assault rifles that they are going to deliver to customers from Mexico waiting for them along the Rio Grande River. Now, where did they get the guns? These two convicted felons did not legally purchase these guns, they're felons! Did the customers give them money to purchase these guns? Three guns at $1,500 each, if bought in the U.S., would be $4,500. You mean to tell me that these two crooks passed up $4,500 to get $50 each! Something's fishy with this story. Being a crook, I would have taken the money and disappeared! Screw the $50! Maybe it's just possible that a person who could legally purchase these guns bought them, and promised the felons $50 each to deliver them. From what I understand there are many ways to purchase these guns a lot lower price than buying them legally. Just wondering!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I'd say something fishy,The bg probably stole 3 AR15 and pocketed th $4500.
    That's my guess. I wouldn't get out of bed and do a legal delivery for that
    especially at that time of night.

Links