Who in our community is LEO of some kind

This is a discussion on Who in our community is LEO of some kind within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Im in GA not a LEO. I own my own IT company now. Ex-Military, applied to be a G.Warden in Georgia chose to back out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who in our community is LEO of some kind

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Who in our community is LEO of some kind

Im in GA not a LEO. I own my own IT company now. Ex-Military, applied to be a G.Warden in Georgia chose to back out after waiting one year and I started my own company. I still think about pursuing Conservation Officer in our state but at this time not gonna pay my bills.

Who here is a LEO, only curious. I like to know who out there is a police officer of some kind and supports and defends our safety and freedoms knowing that the armed civil citizen with responsibility makes a huge difference in the deterrence of crime along side our LEO brothers.

My father is retired Mobile County AL, Deputy K9 officer. Loves his guns, his freedoms, defends our holy documents and misses his career a ton.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

I was a Police officer for the city of Albany GA. It did not pay the bills very well. DNR offered me a job with them paying even less. I could not afford to take it. Went to work for DOD fire service. The money is very good with a lot of time off to go hunting. Being a paramedic is the best job in the Fire House. They start at only one grade below Asst Fire Chief. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Powhs View Post
    I was a Police officer for the city of Albany GA. It did not pay the bills very well. DNR offered me a job with them paying even less. I could not afford to take it. Went to work for DOD fire service. The money is very good with a lot of time off to go hunting. Being a paramedic is the best job in the Fire House. They start at only one grade below Asst Fire Chief. Good luck.

thank you for your service and understanding how important 2a is to all of us Americans.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

wow how did I get double post replies haha del one of them please moderator.

23 Years active duty USAF. Just retired in 2007. Now a LEO.

I am a Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer in NY. I am pro-gun and pro citizen carry because I am a CITIZEN first then a LEO. That is how it should be!
    One more step and it's on!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I am a big-city police patrol officer in the southeastern quadrant of Texas, an agency with 4000+ officers. I do have to be vague about it, as I am well-known to co-workers by my user name here, and there are rules against publicly discussing certain things while being identifiable as a member of my PD.

I work night shift, and have been wearing the badge since March 1984. I have no prior military service. I contemplated the military, but we were at peace in '82/'83, and the nearest big city was an oil boom town vying for murder capital of the USA at the time. That sounded like my kind of adventure!

I work for a federal agency and have arrest powers.

That's as much as I'm willing to say publicly.

Biker

Senior Moderator
    I'm an itty bitty city Deputy Marshal for a town of around 1200,and a high percentage of them could be classed as certifable rednecks. At one time, this town had the highest per capita of NRA members in the nation. Usually there is only one patrol officer on duty. This job is only a part time job and all money goes directly into my gun fund. I am also a Reserve Deputy with the Sheriffs Office here, a rural county with a population of around 56K, most of which is Ozark National Forest.

I do it because sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction and I get to be right in the middle of it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'm a police officer for a medium sized town in North Carolina. I've been a cop since 1996, and have worked for several agencies during that time, mostly in Virginia.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

I am a Reserve Police Officer, assigned to patrol, for a medium sized department in California. I have been in this position for over 6 years. I am a volunteer and my position is unpaid. I work an average of 80 hours per month. I do it because I enjoy getting criminals off the streets.

Every law abiding citizen should have the right to bear arms. Crooks will obtain guns,whether they are legal or not.

Me:

Detective Sergeant

Supervising Firearms Instructor for an agency of 100+
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I consider my trade to be law enforcement, but am currently out-of-work, by my own choice. I didn't like where I was and the L-rd provided me a way home. So now, here I am seeking to get on one of the two departments in my county.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Combat MP Sgt. Iraq OIF 2003 - Now Federal Police Officer for the Department of Veterans Affairs. - Oh, also have served 9 years Volunteer Reserves Police Officer for the City I live in.
    For God, Family and Country!

Administrator
    Yup. Small City street cop. My city is fairly well off, but we to have some decent sized projects tucked away where our tax paying citizens won't be bothered to much by them.

I get farmed out to various county, statewide and sometimes federal task forces on a regular basis. Sometimes its narcotics, sometimes organized crime and its always violent crime. So, I get to see a lot more than your average suburban LEO. And, I picked my geographical area right; I can pay all my bills just fine.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links