Defensive Carry banner

Who in our community is LEO of some kind

2K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  Major G 
#1 ·
Im in GA not a LEO. I own my own IT company now. Ex-Military, applied to be a G.Warden in Georgia chose to back out after waiting one year and I started my own company. I still think about pursuing Conservation Officer in our state but at this time not gonna pay my bills.

Who here is a LEO, only curious. I like to know who out there is a police officer of some kind and supports and defends our safety and freedoms knowing that the armed civil citizen with responsibility makes a huge difference in the deterrence of crime along side our LEO brothers.

My father is retired Mobile County AL, Deputy K9 officer. Loves his guns, his freedoms, defends our holy documents and misses his career a ton.

#2 ·
I was a Police officer for the city of Albany GA. It did not pay the bills very well. DNR offered me a job with them paying even less. I could not afford to take it. Went to work for DOD fire service. The money is very good with a lot of time off to go hunting. Being a paramedic is the best job in the Fire House. They start at only one grade below Asst Fire Chief. Good luck.

#7 ·
I am a big-city police patrol officer in the southeastern quadrant of Texas, an agency with 4000+ officers. I do have to be vague about it, as I am well-known to co-workers by my user name here, and there are rules against publicly discussing certain things while being identifiable as a member of my PD.

I work night shift, and have been wearing the badge since March 1984. I have no prior military service. I contemplated the military, but we were at peace in '82/'83, and the nearest big city was an oil boom town vying for murder capital of the USA at the time. That sounded like my kind of adventure!:smile:

#9 ·
I'm an itty bitty city Deputy Marshal for a town of around 1200,and a high percentage of them could be classed as certifable ********. At one time, this town had the highest per capita of NRA members in the nation. Usually there is only one patrol officer on duty. This job is only a part time job and all money goes directly into my gun fund. I am also a Reserve Deputy with the Sheriffs Office here, a rural county with a population of around 56K, most of which is Ozark National Forest.

I do it because sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction and I get to be right in the middle of it.

#11 ·
I am a Reserve Police Officer, assigned to patrol, for a medium sized department in California. I have been in this position for over 6 years. I am a volunteer and my position is unpaid. I work an average of 80 hours per month. I do it because I enjoy getting criminals off the streets.

Every law abiding citizen should have the right to bear arms. Crooks will obtain guns,whether they are legal or not.

#13 ·
I consider my trade to be law enforcement, but am currently out-of-work, by my own choice. I didn't like where I was and the L-rd provided me a way home. So now, here I am seeking to get on one of the two departments in my county.

#15 ·
Yup. Small City street cop. My city is fairly well off, but we to have some decent sized projects tucked away where our tax paying citizens won't be bothered to much by them.

I get farmed out to various county, statewide and sometimes federal task forces on a regular basis. Sometimes its narcotics, sometimes organized crime and its always violent crime. So, I get to see a lot more than your average suburban LEO. And, I picked my geographical area right; I can pay all my bills just fine. :rofl:

#17 ·
I'm not an LEO or been to any academy. However I have been an armed tactical medic for our county swat team for 10 years. I am also a certified law enforcement defense and control tactics instructor as well as other disciplines with National Law Enforcement Training Center.

I do this because LEO's have a high risk job and I respect and support them. I want to do my part by offering my skill set to them during their most high risk operations. My work with the team is all voluntary. I get no compensation other than insurance coverage.

#18 ·
Fed, for almost 8 years now.

#19 ·
I've been retired for 6 years now, but was an LEO for 21 years. Have always been pro-gun and have supported the 2A. Have been an NRA life member since '78. Joined after 4 years in the military. Fired my first gun when I was 8, an uncles .22 revolver, been hooked ever since.

#21 ·
I was in a Sheriff's Office reserve for 25 years. I spanned the time of 4 different elected Sheriff's (Apparently I get along with others !).

I had the opportunity to go full-time, but career-wise it wasn't a good financial move for me, I already had the opportunity of a family-owned business which I'm still involved in today. Actually I've gotten so busy that I couldn't really dedicate much time to the reserves so I "retired out" after exactly 25 years.

My SIL is currently a LEO in a large city. He and I sometimes compare how much things have changed since my early days, it's always good for a laugh.

A lot of people have asked me why I was in the reserves for so long. My serving as a reserve deputy for 25 years, was my way of paying back my community for my 2-S deferrnent during the Viet Nam War. That deferment allowed me to finish college. So now, I'm calling it even. :image035:

#22 ·
I'm not a Leo, I'm an Aquarius.

But seriously, did short stints as a Deputy Sheriff, state Corrections, and private security til I settled into EMS.

#25 ·
Recently became a reserve posse deputy. Volunteer about 20 hrs. a month as detention staff at county jail. Just got my CHL yesterday. EDC is a Sig P6. Haven't range qualified with the department yet, but will carry a G22 for duty after I do.

#26 ·
City cop, mid-sized city I guess, I love it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.