What can we do to brighten a cop's day?

This is a discussion on What can we do to brighten a cop's day? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just started a thread in the Bob and Terry's Place forum, entitled Remembering Scott H, a fine local deputy . In it I ask ...

Thread: What can we do to brighten a cop's day?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

What can we do to brighten a cop's day?

I just started a thread in the Bob and Terry's Place forum, entitled Remembering Scott H, a fine local deputy. In it I ask for LEO comments on what Joe Concealedcarrier might do to brighten the day of a local cop. Either here or there, it would be nice to hear any suggestions you might have. Five-finger waves I already do: are there other ideas you might want to present?

Thanks!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

2. Remove Ads

If stopped, just be polite and respectful...everyone is just trying to do a job. Sometimes we all have a bad day once in a while...we're all human...so are cops.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Maybe more women can flash

A smile what where you thinking?

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I've found that the LEO's I've met all have one thing in common, the same thing that I think all of us here have in common. They want to go home at the end of the day.
    I treat them with respect just like I do with any other normal person.
    When my daughter first met one of my LEO friends, she looked at me and said, "Wow, cops are just like real people."
    That in a nutshell says it all.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I have on several occassions paid for dinner at one of our local sub shops(Lennys) for our locals finest. Additionally, I often give my first class seat to our men and women in the military. They protect us for a living and tough job for minimal pay.

Administrator
    What makes me happy during my day is very simple things... Pull over when you first see me emergency lights. This doesnt mean waiting until I'm on your bumper and we are in a curve.

When you see me, please dont say anything like "I didnt do it" "Take this guy" or any other variation. I've heard it millions of times. It wasnt funny the first time, and it certainly isnt now. A simple hello or good evening does wonders.

Simple things like that really makes cops happy or unhappy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ...When you see me, please dont say anything like "I didnt do it" ...
    Yeah, if one gets pulled over it's usually pretty obvious why. I'm guessing a response like, "Well, Officer, that looks like an honest 'gotcha'!" would be well-received: it wouldn't get one out of a ticket, but it would at least keep things pleasant.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Yeah, if one gets pulled over it's usually pretty obvious why. I'm guessing a response like, "Well, Officer, that looks like an honest 'gotcha'!" would be well-received: it wouldn't get one out of a ticket, but it would at least keep things pleasant.
    True enough, but that wasnt what I meant. I was talking about using those as a greeting. For example, everytime I walk into a store, I can promise somebody will say somethiing like "I didnt do it" or "Dont shoot" or "take this guy" pointing to a buddy. At this point, all that stuff gets under my skin, as it does most cops. Its old, worn out and we're tired of hearing it.

If you want to break ice or just be nice, a simple hello is great.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Another thing I have heard that really rubs a LEO the wrong way is saying "a burger, Pepsi and fries, please" when they first approach the window. Even if you smile and say please, most LEO's don't find it very funny.
    The LEO that told me the story said he wished he had the Pepsi to dump over the customers head.
    Nope, not funny.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

"If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    hmmm, I see pepper spray accidentally glazing that donut
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links