Farewell baghdad!!!

This is a discussion on Farewell baghdad!!! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well DC members, the time has finally come. I have been away from my family for 14 months now. My days have been long and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell baghdad!!!

Farewell baghdad!!!

Well DC members, the time has finally come. I have been away from my family for 14 months now. My days have been long and challenging. I have made many many close bonds which I will never forget. At times there were moments that I thought this was it, things were bad and today might be my last day on earth. And then there were days that I truly enjoyed and everything went great. All in all I can say that it has truly changed me, for the better I would like to think. But I know there will be challenging times ahead of me when I get back home. It seems that living in this enviroment and being in a constant state of guard and dealing with some of the elements outside the wire on a daily basis tends to change your mindset.

I know it will be dificult getting my life back to normal, but I have a loving wife and the most wonderful children in the world. With them, I know anything is possible. I have a wonderful wife who has supported my every decision, and I have no doubt that she will be there for me in every way.

I have posted quite a few times on DC as well, and I have found it to be a great way to learn and a great way to take my mind off thngs over here. I would like to also add thanks to every member that has shared in my short time here at DC, and say thank you for the kind words and support. I will update everyone when I hit american soil...

Thanks you all
    Sgt Kelly
    267th MP Co.
    Baghdad Iraq
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

I have heard many stories and I say we should be the ones expressing our thanks! It's good to have you back!
    "Thanks you all
    Sgt Kelly
    267th MP Co.
    Baghdad Iraq"

Thumbs up

So, are you the ugly mug in the middle, or the other one in the middle? Just kidding, there. No worse for wear, it looks like.

A sincere "Thank You!" for your year of service in the sandbox. I'm sure it hasn't been comfortable, attractive or safe. But, your efforts are appreciated.

Have a safe trip home.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Welcome home Sgt, its a great feeling when you touch back down on American soil. We only tend to do 7 months, I can't imagine 14, but then again, we have less than a year between pumps too.

As someone who has been back on US soil now for just over 7 months since I left Anbar, I have this to say to you. Everything may seem great at the beginning, but a month and a half or two later, things might start to change for the worse in your mind. Don't be afraid to use the resources provided by your chain of command if you need to (not saying that you do or I did, but I've seen some things since Iraq).

Anyways, not trying to be a downer. Have fun with the whole customs process. I got to watch the movie Twilight 3 times on the flight home (O joy, not really). Enjoy your family, remember that they have been bearing their share of the burden for the past 14 months.

I'll go ahead and drink a beer for ya, since ya wont be able to do so yourself for a little while yet.

Good job Sgt.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Outstanding Job Troops!

You, and those before you, and those coming in to follow on behind you are doing a great job! God Speed for a Safe Trip Home!

We'll see ya on home turf.

Thank You For Your Service!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

ccw9mm;1341698]So, are you the ugly mug in the middle, or the other one in the middle?
    The ugly mug with sergent stripes. Let us know when you get home and where is home?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    May you have a safe and speedy trip home to those who love you.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

We are glad that you are safely returning after enduring so much during your last 14 months. We will be looking forward to your return to this great country to which you have contributed so much.
    Thanks for your service...keep us posted.

ret (this old coastie is saluting you...)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There is no feeling like coming home, and this crusty old USAF E-7 thanks you for being there for us all...
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    KellyII our thanks go out to you and your fellow troops for all you do!!!
    Welcome Home
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Lead Moderator
    Congrats! Coming home is always good...
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Welcome home, and thanks so much for your service. it is appreciated by many.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Kelly, thank you so much for the service you and your fellow soldiers have given and will continue to give. Along with the sacrifices your family, and all the families have made.

May you have a safe and speedy trip home.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Thanks for your service, and congratulations on making it home safely!

-Plop
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Thank you for your service, and welcome back!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links