Good news for Vets

This is a discussion on Good news for Vets within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good for Vets. However, don't know about the ramifications for the economy/ the nation if this year-in-advance funding becomes wide spread across the various agencies. ...

Thread: Good news for Vets

VIP Member

Good news for Vets

Good for Vets.

However, don't know about the ramifications for the economy/ the nation if this year-in-advance funding becomes wide spread across the various agencies. There is already too much we worry about how to pay the bills later, IMHO. At less now the fiction of balancing the budget is on the agenda. Is an acceleration of the we'll-approve-the-spending-and-let-the-next-Congress/President-deal-with-the-tax-issues in our future?

Obama signs law ending budget delays for veterans care | 44 | washingtonpost.com

Health Care
    Obama signs law ending budget delays for veterans care
    By Michael D. Shear
    President Obama signed legislation to speed up money for veterans health care, making good on a promise he made as a candidate to break through the delays common in Washington.

At a ceremony in the East Room, Obama signed the Veterans Health Care and Budget Reform and Transparency Act. He called the legislation, which he helped sponsor as a senator, "a victory" for all veterans.

"For the VA, this means timely, sufficient and predictable funding from year to year. For VA hospitals and clinics, it means more time to budget, to recruit high-quality professionals, and to invest in new health care equipment," he said. "And most of all, for our veterans it will mean better access to the doctors and nurses and the medical care that they need."

The legislation fixes a situation where money for veterans care is delayed because of budget fights in Washington. Under the new law, money will be advanced by a year.

"This is inexcusable," Obama said of the delays which have happened each year for most of the past two decades. "It's unacceptable. It's time for it to stop."
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Links