Happy 234th Birthday Devil Dogs

This is a discussion on Happy 234th Birthday Devil Dogs within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Paco Happy Birthday Marines! This is definitely one thing I am jealous about with the Corps. Sure the Army teaches military history, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy 234th Birthday Devil Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Happy Birthday Marines!

This is definitely one thing I am jealous about with the Corps. Sure the Army teaches military history, but I can assure you I learned more about Army history in JROTC than I did in Basic.
    The Marine Corps is based upon tradition. Everything about the Corps from the founding, to the battle streamers, to the uniform and the Eagle, Globe and Anchor is steeped in tradition that each of us contributed to and share. That's what keeps the Corps going. Thanks for noticing.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardet65 View Post
    The Marine Corps is based upon tradition. Everything about the Corps from the founding, to the battle streamers, to the uniform and the Eagle, Globe and Anchor is steeped in tradition that each of us contributed to and share. That's what keeps the Corps going. Thanks for noticing.
    Some say we live on our history, to which I reply "We live on, making history."

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes from the other branches.

BTW

The Marines' Prayer
    Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will. Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose in deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones and Thee without shame or fear. Protect my family. Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm. Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance. Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me. Make me considerate of those committed to my leadership. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold. If I am inclined to doubt; steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again. Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer. Amen.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Mardet65 View Post
    Marine Corps history is continuously growing, and is a great thing. You are surrounded by it from the moment you put your feet on the yellow footprints, and it stays with you through the rest of your life, even while you are making it.

Tradition is everything in the Marines, its why we always make sure things are done the right way.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member
    Long live the United States and success to the Marines.

Semper Fi!
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I got this on the email today. I liked #4 and #2 the most.

David Letterman - Marines Top Ten List
    I can no longer keep track of threads as I used to. If you need to contact me, PM me instead of asking me something in the thread. Disclaimer - No legal advice issued anywhere. Take care.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Happy Birthday Devil Dogs;
    Navy Veteran, soon to be father of a Devil Dog (he leaves for boot camp January 11).
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links