Point me in the right direction please

This is a discussion on Point me in the right direction please within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can't find my basic training photo anywhere. I'm afraid it got tossed out when cleaning out storage. Being veterans day, my kids are asking ...

Thread: Point me in the right direction please

Administrator

Point me in the right direction please

I can't find my basic training photo anywhere. I'm afraid it got tossed out when cleaning out storage.
    Being veterans day, my kids are asking for it. Does anyone know how to obtain a new one? Surely they have to be around somewhere.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

I guess the first place to start would be to contact the base where you did basic and go from there. Maybe it is just me, but I doubt they are able to furnish you with another one. Hopefully I am wrong.

Last time I looked at my photo from almost 25 years ago, I didn't know who that young snot nosed kid was.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Wouldn't any basic training photo do? After the haircut, weeks of PE, lousy food, and being yelled at 24/7 we all looked the same didn't we?

Administrator
    hahahaha, yeah, we did.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Just make a new one SIX... Photoshop!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'd say start hitting the plethora of Vet sites out there on the web. I know I've run across a few at some point searching for stuff for my grandfather and they had specific threads with guys uploading all their class graduation photo's etc...

edit:
    Also found some info at the San Diego site here here:
    USMC - MCRD/WRR San Diego - Frequently Asked Questions
    Don't know if it applies since I don't know what branch you are...
    Locating/Tracking down Marines

Q: Where can I get a copy of my recruit training series book or individual/platoon graduation photo?
    A: Recruit series book, platoon and individual photos are available at the Yearbook Office. Yearbooks and photos are kept for two years. They can be reached at (619) 296-3840. Yearbooks and photos older than two years can be purchased at the Museum Historical Society. The Museum Historical Society has an archive of old recruit platoon graduation photos dating back to the 1930ís and also offers some recruit yearbooks for sale. Yearbooks from the 1980's and 1990's are available in limited quantities. Platoon graduation photos and yearbooks may be purchased through the Society at (619) 524-4426.
    Last edited by packinnova; November 11th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

If you have your year + class/platoon # I'm sure you can get a copy. Contact the depot you graduated out of for the POC of the old guy doing the graduation pics.
    I can no longer keep track of threads as I used to. If you need to contact me, PM me instead of asking me something in the thread. Disclaimer - No legal advice issued anywhere. Take care.

Links