Is this a case of the fox guarding the hen house?

This is a discussion on Is this a case of the fox guarding the hen house? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had this sent to me, and I cleaned it up politically, but the information that was provided to me strongly suggests that Nidal Hasan ...

Thread: Is this a case of the fox guarding the hen house?

VIP Member

Is this a case of the fox guarding the hen house?

I had this sent to me, and I cleaned it up politically, but the information that was provided to me strongly suggests that Nidal Hasan was part of a Homeland Security Task Force Team ! This is just a FWIW post, I had it sent to me by a retired navy friend and I haven't checked the validity, though the pdf link seems very real.
    Here is what I received:

Now we have a little insight into why we were told not jump to conclusions about Nidal Hasan and why Congressmen were not briefed before the press leak.

This murdering terrorist who killed and wounded the soldiers and civilians at Ft Hood, Texas was an advisor to a Homeland Security team. Look on page 29 of the Homeland Security Institute link below.

I wonder how many more skeletons there are to come out of the cupboard. Who else is there in the government or its numerous advisors or Czars that will harm our country and citizens?
    http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_P...t_05.19.09.pdf Go to page number 29, scroll down toward the bottom on the Left Column

He is listed under "THINKING ANEW- SECURITY PRIORITIES FOR THE NEXT ADMINISTRATION", as Nidal Hasan, Uniformed Services University School of Medicine (8TH DOWN ON LEFT COLUMN PAGE 29).
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Yep, that's pretty shocking.
    I've been researching that document and Snopes says "partially true".
    There is no doubt that he attended the conference. I doubt he was hand picked by the administration to give advice. I wonder if he went to LEARN security measures, rather than give advice.

But, you have to admit, the odds of a terrorist showing up on a government security panel is mind blowing.
    Was Tim McVeigh on a panel with the ATF? No.
    Was Osama Bin Laden on the board of Boeing? No.
    Did Mohammad Atta advise ATC on flight patterns? No.

It appears that GWU wants this to go away, they are downplaying his role. "He just RSVP'd so his name was on the list." Bull.

The Media won't touch this with a ten foot pole.
    "Nothing to see here folks, just another isolated incident."

The problem is, Bush kept us safe from terrorist attack for 7 yrs. Now Obama is in office for 10 months and we have an attack on our own soil. It cannot be portrayed as a terror attack. "He just snapped, it was PRE-traumatic stress syndrome." Yeah, that's the ticket!

VIP Member
    I have no idea if it is true or not, but since he was a Major, a physician, and a psychiatrist, it would not surprise me if he had been invited to work on a task force or working group with the goal of "THINKING ANEW- SECURITY PRIORITIES."

This if true says nothing whatsoever about any administration in a political sense. His credentials would have appeared to make him an ideal participant in such a panel---- and, when btw was he appointed to do this work?

This individual had lots of supervisors who apparently just dropped the ball because no one was willing to take the risk of getting out front to have his odd behavior looked into and perhaps punished. That is sadly human nature whether it happens in a corp. or city government, or the army. People are people. No one wants to be the person who brings someone else's career down.

Administrator
    I think it would make sense that he was put in such a position; his being a shrink and of Muslim faith... he probably would have been able to provide unique insight had he been on our side.

More interestingly though, I don't think he was well thought of by his superiors. To bad the Army doesn't work like the private sector.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    ---- and, when btw was he appointed to do this work?

This individual had lots of supervisors who apparently just dropped the ball because no one was willing to take the risk of getting out front to have his odd behavior looked into and perhaps punished.
    I also wondered when he was appointed. IIRC, according to the media, he also had poor employee evaluations? If so, I don't feel very confident when less-than-mediocre employees are invited to homeland security planning meetings.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think it would make sense that he was put in such a position; his being a shrink and of Muslim faith... he probably would have been able to provide unique insight had he been on our side.
    True enough.......he's got the qualifications, but not the ever-important loyalty.

Not so fast. Here is a link to a story that was posted some time ago, followed by the editors notes added later to the story page.

Shooter advised Obama transition

EDITOR'S NOTE: Shortly after this story was posted, the Huffington Post ran a piece claiming WND was attempting to "smear" President Obama by naming him "as the man who guided Nidal Malik Hasan to his murderous rampage at Ft. Hood yesterday."

However, Hasan is being reported as a participant in the GWU Homeland Security Policy Institute's Presidential Transition Task Force, not as a member, noting the group was a university think-tank, not part of the Obama administration official transition team.

Further, the institute's deputy director is quoted saying he is unable to say if Hasan made any input to the group's final recommendations.

Other participants in the task force included many members of congressional staff who work with both the House and Senate homeland security committees, as well as staff from the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Makes you wonder what else he emailed the Inman and Al Qaeda about, huh.

I have no idea if it is true or not, but since he was a Major, a physician, and a psychiatrist, it would not surprise me if he had been invited to work on a task force or working group with the goal of "THINKING ANEW- SECURITY PRIORITIES."
    So how many Majors, M.D.'s, psychiatrists does the Military have? I find it incredible that that particular one is a sleeper cell.

I think my theory is true. Hasan went to the George Washington University Task Force with the intent of LEARNING about U.S. security.
    Perhaps to pass it on to his buddies in Pakistan.

Links