WSJ: Iran Earmarks $20 Million to Support Militants

This is a discussion on WSJ: Iran Earmarks $20 Million to Support Militants within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is there any doubt what their goals are? TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran's parliament passed a law on Sunday earmarking $20 million to support militant groups ...

Thread: WSJ: Iran Earmarks $20 Million to Support Militants

Post WSJ: Iran Earmarks $20 Million to Support Militants

Is there any doubt what their goals are?

TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran's parliament passed a law on Sunday earmarking $20 million to support militant groups opposing the West and investigate alleged U.S. and British plots against the Islamic Republic.

The legislation is widely seen as a response to Western criticism of Iran's violent crackdown against protesters following the disputed June presidential election. Lawmakers started debating the outline of the bill in August when Iran's hardline leaders were fending off allegations that security forces had tortured opposition activists detained during the demonstrations.

The text of the legislation says the money is to "support progressive currents that resist illegal activities by the governments of the U.S. and Britain." Iranian officials often use such terms to describe militant groups.

It wasn't immediately clear which groups would receive funding from Iran, but Tehran already backs the Islamic militants Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in the Gaza Strip. The bill also taps funds to "confront plots and unjust restrictions" by Washington and London against Tehran and to disclose "human rights abuses by the two countries."

A committee with representatives from Iran's intelligence services, the elite Revolutionary Guards, as well as the Foreign Ministry and the communication and culture ministries will manage the funds. Iran's constitutional watchdog must still approve the bill before it takes effect.

The move comes as Iran also faces increasing international pressure over its disputed nuclear program. On Thursday, the board of the International Atomic Energy Agency, or IAEA, passed a resolution demanding that Tehran immediately stop building its newly revealed nuclear facility and freeze uranium enrichment. The IAEA resolution criticized Iran for defying a U.N. Security Council ban on uranium enrichment -- the source of both nuclear fuel and the fissile core of warheads.

Iran's parliament speaker, Ali Larijani, warned on Sunday that Tehran could scale back its cooperation with the IAEA if the West continues to pressure Tehran over its nuclear program. That follows similar threats from other Iranian officials in recent days. To that end, lawmakers asked the government on Sunday to begin drawing up a bill to reduce cooperation with U.N. nuclear agency.
    And what is the USA doing? Appeasement you say? Nah........
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

2. Remove Ads

Depends which direction our leadership is facing, we are either 'bending over' or 'bowing'...either way we are losing ground pretty quickly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Depends which direction our leadership is facing, we are either 'bending over' or 'bowing'...either way we are losing ground pretty quickly.
    Could not have said it better. I have been recently watching the WWII in HD series, and I just wonder what that generation would have done if faced with what we are now dealing with .
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

WWII.........I just wonder what that generation would have done
    The diplomats and politicians in country after country tried to appease Hitler. They were either invaded and subjugated by the political wing of the German machine or invaded and subjugated under the boot of the SS, IIRC. Either way, they were subjugated completely and totally.

The UK was a wee bit different due to geographic considerations, and a man named Winston Churchill. Churchill lobbied extensively for the USA to enter the war, and we all know the end of that story.

Moral of the Story: Appeasement is rarely a good solution.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by AWDeanSr View Post
    Could not have said it better. I have been recently watching the WWII in HD series, and I just wonder what that generation would have done if faced with what we are now dealing with .
    Well lets see..... What did they actually do?
    I guess they would wait until Iran subjugated all of their neighbors and started herding people into camps. Then they would provide arms to a couple of allies in the area under a lend lease program. They would still not commit troops for a couple of years. They would then sit back and pretty much not do anything until another country attacks us. And then, after Iran declares war on us they would go over and level the place. Oh yeah, they would set up relocation camps of our own right here for people the government didn't trust.
    The same way they handled WWII.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Well, in response to Obama's announcement that if by the end of the year they did not disassemble the recently reported nuclear production plant that the USA would seek stiffer sanctions in the UN against them..... Iran announced today it would not disassemble that plant but also had plans for 10 more.

What part of Iran telling everyone off, did Obama and his Administration not understand.

Links