Red Cross Delivers Holiday Cards to Wounded Service Members

This is a discussion on Red Cross Delivers Holiday Cards to Wounded Service Members within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Red Cross Delivers Holiday Cards to Wounded Service Members America's wounded service members are always grateful for supportive cards and notes--especially during the holiday season. ...

Thread: Red Cross Delivers Holiday Cards to Wounded Service Members

Thumbs up Red Cross Delivers Holiday Cards to Wounded Service Members

Red Cross Delivers Holiday Cards to Wounded Service Members

America's wounded service members are always grateful for supportive cards and notes--especially during the holiday season.

This holiday season, communities across America are invited to mail cards along with personal messages of support to wounded service members at military hospitals around the country, through a unique partnership between the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes Inc. Red Cross Volunteer and Wounded Army Soldier

With the support of the U.S. Department of Defense and Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and with help from Pitney Bowes Government Solutions, the American Red Cross will collect, review and distribute holiday greeting cards to wounded military personnel. For security reasons, the Red Cross will be able to accept only holiday cards but not packages. Red Cross volunteers will receive and bundle the cards, which will be shipped by Pitney Bowes Government Solutions. Then, Red Cross volunteers at the medical facilities will distribute the cards throughout the holiday season.

Please address your holiday cards to:

We Support You During Your Recovery!
    c/o American Red Cross
    P.O. Box 419
    Savage, MD20763-0419

Be sure to affix adequate postage. Multiple cards without envelopes may be placed in one mailing envelope or a box that includes a return address. Cards must be received no later than December 27. Cards received after this date will be returned to the sender. Again, senders are reminded that "care packages" are not part of the program--send only cards and notes. Also, please refrain from using glitter or any other inserts that would not be appropriate in a hospital environment.

I don't know if anybody is familiar with this program but my family did it last year and I have just filled out 20 cards so far to send this year. It doesn't take that long and I am sure our recovering soldiers will appreciate your efforts.

GLOCK G22 (duty weapon)
    GLOCK G27 (on duty backup and off duty EDC)
    SIG SAUER P6
    KELTEC P11
    "Because homeland security begins at home"

2. Remove Ads

Great idea...I'm going to share it with my high school students (extra credit, possible?).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links