Israelis Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers - Page 2

Israelis Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers

This is a discussion on Israelis Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Israelis Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers it baffles a lot of us...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Israelis Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers

Israelis Baffled by News of Defenseless US Soldiers
    it baffles a lot of us
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogriz91 View Post
    Oddly enough a year after Billy Jeff signed the no guns on bases a former airman went on a rampage at Fairchild AFB killing several folks at the hospital before an SP dropped him at 70 yds with an M9, pretty sure he double tapped him.
    Why didn't Bush reverse this?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That would be William Jefferson Clinton, also known in the redneck world as Billy Jeff.
    Us hicks call him Billy Jeff too.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    DOD is no more interested in letting military or civilians CC on base than most major law enforcement agencies are supportive of CC for the same reason, a fallacy that if a small sign at the gate says "No Firearms", no one will bring one on base. Ft Hood will only reinforce the idea that more manpower and resources need to be devoted to base LE, this will turn into a way to get money for something that may or may not have made the grade during the last budget scramble.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Lead Moderator
    Israelis, who have had to combat terrorism all their lives, are not afraid of guns. They are an armed people, ready, willing, and able to defend themselves and their country.
    Our country was like that once...
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gogriz91 View Post
    Oddly enough a year after Billy Jeff signed the no guns on bases a former airman went on a rampage at Fairchild AFB killing several folks at the hospital before an SP dropped him at 70 yds with an M9, pretty sure he double tapped him.
    It was a single shot, and the SP thought he was a lot closer than he was, fired a total of four shots, it was the final shot to the head I believe that ended the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    You can hear the story in Andy Brown's own words on ProArms Podcast # 33 (see 033 Andy Brown), recorded during an LFI-1 class at the Firearms Academy of Seattle this past summer. It's definitely worth listening to.
    Excellent interview. Mr. Ayoob also writes about the incident in his column in the latest issue of American Handgunner.

Back to the topic at hand, it would be really cool if the elected leadership of this "country" could grasp it as firmly as the Isrealites do.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    The hero's name is Andy Brown. I met him this past summer, and he is a sweetheart of a man -- kind, gentle, unassuming, humble.

Using a firearm which he had never fired before -- his "own" issue weapon was in for repairs that day -- Brown fired four shots from a marksman's kneel, in the open, while under rifle fire from the assailant. Brown was aiming for the assailant's center mass, as he had been trained. Two of the shots missed, one was a superficial strike to the shoulder, and one drilled the assailant right between the eyes, knocking him off his feet and killing him. The distance was 70 yards.

You can hear the story in Andy Brown's own words on ProArms Podcast # 33 (see 033 Andy Brown), recorded during an LFI-1 class at the Firearms Academy of Seattle this past summer. It's definitely worth listening to.

pax
    The Andy Brown presentation is amazing. What the Air Force did to him afterwords is absolutely infuriating.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    What the Air Force did to him afterwords is absolutely infuriating.
    Unfortunately, it is about what I would have expected from Uncle Sam. This leads us back to the mindset behind why the soldados at Fort Hood were able to be slaughtered like lambs.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRabbi View Post
    Don't bet on every Jew being a Liberal Pacifist. This Jew loves his Liberty and is prepared to fight for it every day.

I too won't stand by and be slaughtered. As a Jew, I feel that it is an Obligation to be armed
    Last edited by mi2az; December 7th, 2009 at 05:44 PM.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I'm guessing coups / home grown insurgencies might be a possible concern. I can understand why there might be a conversation desiding who can CC or be issued a firearm on a U.S. base on U.S. soil. I think it comes down to legal liability. I would also think funding would be part of the reason not to issue firearms on base in mass.

That being said, there are many argument to be made, as have been, in this this thread, supporting CC or issued carry on a military base. I think any safety concerns could be countered with the point that LEO agencies do this all the time. Soldiers should have the same level of training.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    The Andy Brown presentation is amazing. What the Air Force did to him afterwords is absolutely infuriating.

Matt
    What did the AF do to him that was infuriating? I've ever heard of this incident and was AD at the time.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith92555 View Post
    Thank you. You are very correct. More and more Jews are beginning to "get it." They are buying guns for home defense and getting concealed weapons licenses and starting to carry. Maybe not in New York, Chicago, etc., and maybe not the Schumers and other arrogant elitists, but they are doing so in increasing numbers wherever it is legal.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Thank you. You are very correct. More and more Jews are beginning to "get it." They are buying guns for home defense and getting concealed weapons licenses and starting to carry. Maybe not in New York, Chicago, etc., and maybe not the Schumers and other arrogant elitists, but they are doing so in increasing numbers wherever it is legal.
    Believe me Schmuck Schumer ( gets ) it, he just doesn't want anyone else to get it. He can even carry in NYC where it is almost impossible to get a permit.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Do you really have to ask?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links