What do you see?

What do you see?

This is a discussion on What do you see? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Watch the video and what do you see? Officers ordering the suspect to put the assault rifle down and it appears he is complying and ...

Thread: What do you see?

VIP Member

What do you see?

Watch the video and what do you see?

Officers ordering the suspect to put the assault rifle down and it appears he is complying and then he is shot!

Is that what you see?

Watch the video again and watch the suspect's right hand while he places the rifle down with his left hand.

What you don't see, but the officer behind the suspect does see, is the suspect pulling a hidden handgun from his rear pants with his right hand.

Our LEO's face a dangerous life on the streets and I thank God and them for the work that they do.

Watch as the bad guy goes down, the handgun is still in his right hand.

Just a reminder -- what you think you see at first does not always tell the truth.
    Attached Files
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Tricky SOB.

They did good except I can't believe that they didn't keep BG covered as they walked up.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Glad they were as observant as they were. Otherwise he would be walking away instead of them.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

BG got what he deserved,he didn't see the LEO in his blind spot that took him out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If I recall correctly, this video is actually a training video. Does anyone have knowledge otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in PA View Post
    If I recall correctly, this video is actually a training video. Does anyone have knowledge otherwise?
    I concur. We saw this video in academy, and if I remember correctly it is a video of a training scenario. Still good spot by the officer.

VIP Member
    It is a training video, designed to provide discussion. Used not only for training street officers, but used also for PIOs so that they may be better prepared to deal with the media.

Listen closely to the audio, the officer in the back also yells "Gun" prior to the shooting.

Sorry for the confusion as I should have posted that it was a training video in the original post.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Im not a LEO and at first I thought, what the hell. Then I caught it. WOW.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

thanks for the post. Notice how close the officers are to a 180 degree crossfire?

Very good vid, and great communication by the back LEO to his buddy....GUN!

VIP Member
    I also saw this video in the academy, notice the officer/s in front didn't see the gun. Only the officer flanking the BG.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Had this one in my academy class and had to see it a couple of times.

I had to watch it three times but I did see the handgun. That is a god training video and takes a keen eye to catch it.

Our [the 9th annual] West Carrollton Police Department Citizens Academy class got to use the driving and shooting simulators at the Butler County Technical School. It was great! These shooting programs also give bad and new actors jobs, doing different scenarios at the same situations. To shoot or not to shoot? These programs also show you that you are not as good of a shot as you think you are, besides being too slow or too quick on the trigger. The red dots are fatal shots on the big screen, the green being wounds. I would love to do it again and often with new scenarios, if I could. This is cheaper and safer training than on the job or on the street.

Links