LEOs - What was your #1 Dumbest BG of '09?

This is a discussion on LEOs - What was your #1 Dumbest BG of '09? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For the entertainment purposes, kind of like the Darwin Awards, lets have an official DC.com Dumbest BG of '09 list. Military personnel, as well if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEOs - What was your #1 Dumbest BG of '09?

For the entertainment purposes, kind of like the Darwin Awards, lets have an official DC.com Dumbest BG of '09 list.

Military personnel, as well if you can talk about it within the forum rules.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Mine was a guy that was growing huge marijuana plants inside of his apartment (all in plain view) and went outside and shot his gun off near his girlfriend, when we got there his door was wide open with the (about 4 pounds worth) marijuana in the aforementioned plain view. Gun was in plain view, as well. It was nice Benelli M4 with a 30 round bandoleer next to it. He was charged with multiple felonies and is awaiting sentencing.
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

some iraq guys drove up next to are base and shot an rpg over the fence. then drove down to the river and tried to escape in a row boat from two choppers chasing them down.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    the way to be safe is never to be secure.
    Benjamin franklin

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    A spy that was mapping out the base....
    Two MP's walking out of the chow hall spot a country national worker (a local) standing on a tank next to the chow hall with a little note pad and pencil drawing. They call him down and ask him what he was doing and take a look at the note book, its a map of the base....very crudely done...
    Now what makes him the stupidist BG I've ever seen is one, he was in full view of everyone doing this, two there are too scale maps of the base posted around, three his spot right next to the chow hall as his choice of map making spots.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Administrator
    I think I talked about it before; Mine was the guy who went to buy a bag of weed, and got ripped off. He then called me to report that he had been robbed. During the course of investigation, I found several different types of pills and other drugs that were for sale from my "victim".
    The other dealers admitted their role, and all were charged with drug trafficking, two were charge with robbery and my victim got a felony possession in addition to filing a false report and drug trafficking.
    This all happened within the course of a few hours.
    "Just blame Sixto"

EW3
    As a civilian, please, please, please let me post:

Crime Killer Tripped Up by His Own Baggy PantsNEW YORK
    (Dec. 18) — A career criminal
    massacred three members of a family in
    their apartment but fell to his death when
    he tripped over his own baggy pants.
    The massacre occurred Thursday afternoon
    near a string of upscale shops on
    Manhattan’s Upper West Side. Police said
    the attack apparently stemmed from
    botched drug ripoff.
    “There is a significant amount of heroin
    found in the apartment,” Police Commissioner
    Raymond Kelly told the Daily News.
    David Karp, AP
    Workers from the medical examiner’s office
    carry the body of a murder suspect who
    fell to his death from an apartment building
    fire escape.
    Police said Hector Quinones, 44, shot
    and killed Carlos Rodriguez Sr., 52, and his
    24-year-old son, Carlos Rodriguez Jr., then
    stabbed to death the younger Rodriguez’s
    grandfather, Fernando Gonzalez, 87, according
    to reports in the Daily News and
    the New York Post.
    The elder Rodriguez’s wife, Gisela Rodriguez,
    49, and her daughter, Leyanis, 28,
    walked in on the carnage. Quinones heard
    keys in the lock and opened the door for the
    women, police said.
    He shot the mother, who was grazed on
    the head by a bullet but managed to run
    from the apartment. The killer was just
    about the grab the daughter when his lowslung
    pants fell down and he tripped, the
    Post said. That gave the young woman the
    chance to run into a back room, where she
    found the bodies of her brother and father.
    Quinones yanked up his pants and
    scrambled after Leyanis Rodriguez, who
    climbed onto a fire escape, screaming for
    help to construction workers on the roof of
    a nearby building, the Post said. The attacker
    followed her onto the fire escape, but
    once again his drooping pants fell and he
    tripped, plunging three stories to his death.
    Estella Carrino, who manages a streetlevel
    bicycle store in the building, said she
    heard the body hit the ground.
    “He had no jacket on and his pants were
    down. He was very dead,” she told the Daily
    News.
    2009 AOL Inc. All Rights R
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    followed her onto the fire escape, but
    once again his drooping pants fell and he
    tripped, plunging three stories to his death...

I wonder if his family sued the pants off the manufacturer?
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

He had no jacket on and his pants were
    down. He was very dead,” she told the Daily
    News.
    That's just funny! And, really good!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by russ1986 View Post
    some iraq guys drove up next to are base and shot an rpg over the fence. then drove down to the river and tried to escape in a row boat from two choppers chasing them down.
    So, how many pieces was the boat turned into...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    This didn't happen to me, but I was on shift and responding to the call.

About a year ago there was a white Crown Vic that looked much like a police car breaking into houses and stealing things. Not big things, but small things like jewelry and anything that they could take into a a Pawn Shop and turned over for drug money. We had a good idea who it was from various descriptions, but the license on the car was fake and we knew that there were two guys involved.

These dudes would drive up, one would stay in the car with it running, and the other guy would spend no more than a few minutes in the place, sort of a "quick hit" thing. It worked well enough that it was a while before anyone noticed what was going on and they were always gone by the time the cops got there. They would seem to know when a house was vacant for a day or two and often times it would be days before a crime was reported because the owners might be out of state or something and they always picked nice houses that were sort of remote, not much else around.

They had a pretty good little racket going until one night around 10PM when their careers both ended.

They hit a nice looking home that happened to have an alarm. As luck would have it, one of our CID officers was on his way home and he was driving a white unmarked Crown Vic, the classic unmarked cop car. He hears the call, radio's that he is responding and gets there within a minute. He sees notices another white Crown Vic which see his car and it takes off immediately. He radios to another deputy that happens to be a half mile away and has him stop that vehicle. In the mean time, our CID officer is sitting in the car, and the BG that had been in the house comes running out of it with an armload of stuff, runs up to the white Crown Vic that he sees in front of the house, opens the back door and tosses an armload of items in it. He then jumps in the front of the car and says "lets go!". He sits there looking at the radios, sirens, light switches and all and it takes him a minute to realize that he made a big mistake. Our CID officer is sitting there in a state of shock, because he cant believe what he is seeing and he freaks out and grasps the guy by the arm. Now the fight it on. One guy is trying to get out of the car, the other guy is trying to pull him in. The officers manages to get on the radio and somehow amongst the screams, grunts and erratic breathing, he manages to tell the dispatcher that he needs help that he is trying to go "10-15" with the B.G. I'm down the road about 10 miles or so I hit the lights and siren and head that way like a scalded dog.

I get there, the other Deputy is already there and they have both bad guys in the Deputy's vehicle. The CID officers is standing with his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. The Deputy is wiping the grass off his pants and kicking mud off of his boots. He sees me and tells me it's all good and then he tells me his version of the story.

He had caught the other guy in the White Crown Vic and got into a chase. The guy tried to turn hard in the road and put it in a rather muddy ditch where he stuck the car. The Deputy ran up to him and cuffed and stuffed him fairly quickly.He had just got back in the car when he heard the call for help and he took off. He said that when he got there, the CID officer was stretched out in his car holding the back of the shirt of the thug that got in the car. Somehow he had gotten out of the vehicle but couldn't quite get away because he kept slipping in the mud. The CID officer was basically holding himself in the car by his toes which were hanging up on the radio console.

He was laughing and he said it was the funniest thing he had ever seen.

Both BG' were already known to the Judge who gave them each 7 years where they are still staying courtesy of the County Jail.`

We kid the CID officer alot about how it doesn't get any easier than that, to have a crook throw his stuff in the back of the car and then insist that you drive him somewhere.

Our CID officer still insists that it was one of the hardest "collars" hes ever had.

That is the stupid crook story that I remember the best, but there are others. Most of these people aren't too bright. That is why they are crooks.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

So many dummies to choose from...

I'll go with the dummy who stalled us at the door, giving her wanted friend the opportunity to hide in her marijuana grow. Not smart. Had he stayed in the front of the residence, where we SAW him through the window, she might still be free.
    God, country, family.

I have spent the largest part of my career in probation/parole work. I have been in my current jurisdiction for about 18 months. We have three male officers and two female officers. Males drug test males, and females... females. I was drug testing one of our male offenders for one of the female officers. One of the standard rules is no drug or alcohol usage. The offenders often get "shy bladder" and cant go. This particular offender, said "Can I sit down and pee, I got the beer poops (expletive substituted)" LOL I said yeah sure. Well he also tested positive for Marijuana and pills, he also had to admit to the alcohol.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Here's a classic form many years ago. An associate of mine was on patrol when he spotted a guy that had some petty warrants. As he and another LEO approach, the guy runs. They find him hiding in a garbage bin, the kind you roll out to the curb. They tell the guy to come out. He pops out and says, "I know why you are chasing me... It's for that murder... Did you get Stevie cause he was with me when we did it."
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    A pair of UDAs wore the wrong shoes and got blisters and their coyote left them because they couldn't keep up. They wandered through the desert for a day and finally see a ranch house. They knock on the door and ask for water. The lady of the ranch invites them in and offers them lunch, and of course, they accept. Then she steps in the next room and calls the Border Patrol. They had walked about twenty miles and the ranch house was about a mile from the highway and their pickup point.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    not really eventful, but was a good laugh

call went out for a home invasion robbery

me and 2 other officers arrived around the same time, got about halfway up to 2nd story apartment and the odor of smoked marijuana coming out of the open door almost made us choke

guy says he was just sitting there and 3 guys came in his unlocked door, one had a gun, one a knife, and the 3rd some sort of club or bat, stole his document safe he had in the living room.....but couldn't tell us what was in it (we have a pretty good idea)

all 3 of us started getting headaches and dizziness from the reefer, the resident claimed he smoked some earlier in the morning......this was 11PM!!!....amazing how stupid they think we are, anyway while I was surveying the apartment I see a bag of potato chips big enough to feed a family reunion barbeque sitting on the couch...I look in it and only crumbs left in the bottom....then....I look up at the TV which has been on the whole time.....what is playing? Cheech & Chong, Up in Smoke

I bust out laughing and Sgt asks me whats so funny, so I tell him you're not gonna believe whats on TV, we all got a good laugh
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links