The Nigerian PETN device - Page 3

The Nigerian PETN device

This is a discussion on The Nigerian PETN device within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by TheShadow Must we continue to post this picture. I just ate....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Nigerian PETN device

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Must we continue to post this picture. I just ate.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Must we continue to post this picture. I just ate.
    Sorry about your Supper

She could tuck about 10ozs of PETN under her second chin...
    or is that an Adam's apple I think she may have cut her bottom lip shaving
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Also, I showed the videos to an ex-Delta force guy. He said that he used to make that stuff all the time, no big deal.

Ugh.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

We have some bomb squad guys on our Hazmat team. It's pretty easy to make up binaries and disguise them. Super easy to work, I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

When I was assigned to an airport FD station, the TSA folks were pretty low speed security guard types.

I know the FFDO that shoots at the range where I work has an H&K USP compact in .40 with a popular brand of bonded bullet as issued. He believes the AM's use Sig in .357sig.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    She's about as smart as is she pretty

I only see two settings for her brain switch..."Off", and "Slow".
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Im still in disbelief that Napolitano is head of DHS. She couldn't even keep illegal immigrants out of AZ. What makes anyone think she is qualified to keep our country safe... oh wait... it's Obama.

That's some scary stuff.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Practice run to see where the problems with the delivery system were. Also to see if/what the Air Marshall response, crew response, etc would be to the situation.
    Don't know if they are counting on resistance from other passengers or not. That would be hard to plan for, too many variables.
    Adds to the amount of people you need on board, methods to control/overpower the civilians..etc. all of that makes the job that much harder to pull off. Then you have to problem of information leaking out about the plan, FBI picking up some low level flunky...etc.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

PETN Device

This was a practice run with an idiot student. Our system failed to stop him with the info listed earlier. The passengers did rise to the ocassion. Bring him into my First/Business Class area restrained and I will push one of the Metal Knives that are served in First/Business Class trays for dinner into his neck and check his response to that! I have an old friend that was a Pilot for Delta that had an attempted Hi-Jacking to Cuba in the early 1970's, who stopped it, sat on the Hi-Jacker and had the co-pilot land the 727 and when he stopped short of the terminal, opened the left front door of the jet and kicked the hi-jacker to the tarmac just in front of the police car arriving to handle the situation. These terrorists should get even less treatment.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    There are a lot of chemicals that will explode nicely when combined. The "binary" video looks faked to me. But there are compounds that will do that to a watermelon. And everything else in that video camera's view.

The real problem is the "show" security. I sat down after the new security rules were announced (pat downs, for last hour of flight there will be no getting up, no lavatories, no drinks, no food, no ipods, no blankets, no reading material, hands where they can be seen at all times) and figured out two separate ways a suicide bomber could still sneak a detonator and enough explosive on board to destroy an aircraft.

How about we screen people who want to come to this country better? Especially those whose religion is radical Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Bring him into my First/Business Class area restrained and I will push one of the Metal Knives that are served in First/Business Class trays for dinner into his neck and check his response to that!
    I am amazed that passengers let this guy live. I want to see the news story, "Authorities are trying to identify the body of the suspected terrorist. The passengers subdued him with several hundred blows to the face while he was on the floor."

I think we should just turn over the whole TSA to EL LA (Isreal Airline). They deal with this stuff everyday.

or completely naked flying.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I think we should just turn over the whole TSA to EL AL (Israeli Airline). They deal with this stuff everyday.
    Yes. But remember after 9/11, the government came up with DHS. Everyone who knew anything about airline security said it MUST be a private company, like Israel has. But no, we got the TSA, mostly nice folks, but with no leadership, no rules, no incentives. Big government got another big union, guaranteed to vote for democrats.

If it was me, I'd be saying, "Hello, Blackwater."

To be fair, the US is way larger than Israel, and we might have 30,000 planes in the air at a given time. EL AL might have what? A hundred?
    When you are in line at El Al, you are being profiled by several individuals. Then you will be interviewed. Then your bag will be searched inside and out. Then you will be searched. If you talk to anyone in line, they will be questioned too. If you bought a one way ticket, with cash, and have no luggage, (like the Nigerian) you probably aren't getting on the plane.
    The magic word? PROFILE. It works.

I once went through London Gatwick. Before I even got to the ticket counter, I was interviewed by a nice gentleman in a suit. He stared right through me. Then I was on my way. I suppose he was looking for a reaction.
    The actual security was no more than here. Except for the camera taking my picture and the camera taking a picture of my passport at the same time. (And that was Delta)

All this stuff lately about the airlines is making me very nervous. I will not watch some bonehead assemble a bomb and make attempts to light it....I'm not sure how I would react to someone video taping me either. I hope they can come up with some solutions to airport security that actually work.

I have no desire to go anywhere close to DC. HOWEVER, I have to attend a family wedding out there next August. The worst part is most of the wedding events are in MD and DC so I won't be taking my EDC. Wish they were just on the other side of the beltway in VA as my UT permit would work there.

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    Practice run to see where the problems with the delivery system were. Also to see if/what the Air Marshall response, crew response, etc would be to the situation.
    Don't know if they are counting on resistance from other passengers or not. That would be hard to plan for, too many variables.
    Adds to the amount of people you need on board, methods to control/overpower the civilians..etc. all of that makes the job that much harder to pull off. Then you have to problem of information leaking out about the plan, FBI picking up some low level flunky...etc.
    It hit me today that the Father of this moron might be in on the dry run as well. He may have been testing to see if our agencies would take him serious or would share the info, or what.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    We have a president that is trying to destroy the economic system that keeps this country ahead of the curve, appoints a racist to the supreme court that can find no right to self defense, has fools in key positions in the federal government like Napolitano, thinks carbon dioxide is a hazardous material, supports carbon taxes that will cripple our industry and leave our competitors free of restrictions, and believes in global warming. He is able to do this because of support of the democratic party.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links