Pentagon eyes ways to use military for border security

This is a discussion on Pentagon eyes ways to use military for border security within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is this for show, or are things starting to happen. With all the attention in the papers and on TV, It's making it harder for ...

Thread: Pentagon eyes ways to use military for border security

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Is this for show, or are things starting to happen. With all the attention in the papers and on TV, It's making it harder for DC to not do something.

I really hope it's for real, and not some B.S. stunt.

We can hope right.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member
    Call me a skeptic....but I think it's for show. Besides, MSNBC reported today that the DHS is now stating that they were not passing on info on the Minutemen to the Mexican Gov't.....the president of the USBP association (or whatever it is called) said that he believes that they passed on the intel to the Mexicans.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    Big question is these days - just what DO you believe or can you believe.

I think much is what they used to call a ''sop to Serberus" - sorta, throw the dog a bone and he'll be happy! </skepticism>

What do I know - too old now to be other than a cynic
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Some twit asked if I felt “threatened” by the US minuteman guarding the northern border, I looked at them and said no I am not and neither do I think there is a bogeyman under bed either. Then they said: But, they have guns?” I replied: Good, maybe they will let me shoot their gun when I go down there again. The rather stunned twit wandered off to accost a lesser thinking citizen.

Actually if I ever get back down to SouthWest US. I wouldn’t mind tagging along with them to see what they have to say. The Canadian border will be to boring.

I hear they want to use the NG to conduct patrols? Is that already in their authority by the State or Federal?

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    I hear they want to use the NG to conduct patrols? Is that already in their authority by the State or Federal?
    The news tonight mentioned the Reserves as opposed to the National Guard. I think the Reserves are easier for the Fed to call up, but I could be wrong. But then again the talking head could be wrong also.

Either way it's going to stretch our troops even thinner than they are.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

With 27 years of federal government LEO duty (with many more years to go) I can tell you it is too little, too late.

frankmako

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    liked the speach then the star spsngeled banner befor it was sung the man asked dose any one remember the english version

I get to visit the Great SouthWest, the beautiful State of New Mexico once in awhile, my best friend lives there. I'm sure he has contacts and maybe we can spend a day or night with the MinuteMen

im going to arazona in a coupla weeks gona see if i can ride along might even get involved since i live in one of the invaded states

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I read on Yahoo News today that they are planning to moblize 3,000-10,000 National Guard troops for border patrol.

Could be interesting if our boys get to engage some of those paramilitary smuggler-types that have been "sneaking" over our border.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Could be interesting if our boys get to engage some of those paramilitary smuggler-types that have been "sneaking" over our border.
    Which, to my paranoid mind, would be an end-game: civvies barred from the border, as it would be considered "too dangerous". Without the MM's presence and information, this wouldn't be nearly as open a subject as it has become. Governmant can't/dosen't want to control the illegals, but they can sure charge civilians with trespass, violation of curfew, etc., etc.. "Law only confines the law-abiding.....".

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    It's all for show anyway. Say they catch 50,000 illegals trying to get across the border. What are they going to do with them? Catch and release hasn't worked and we haven't constructed large camps to house them in either. The morale of Border Patrol officers must be in the toilet. They get no help from Washington and in fact see thier budgets cut regularly and thier mission undermined by the same politicians who gave them that mission.
    Meanwhile, LEGAL immagrants are struggling with red tape and waiting years to get visas for spouses and children left behind in other countries. They work, pay taxes, become naturalized citizens and play by the rules and still can't get a break.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    What I find funny are all the libs crying that "this isn't the job of the military".

Uh.. excuse me. Ever hear of the COAST GUARD??
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

think that govener or sherif in arazona could help with the desighn of the camps

Links