Don't Mess With MOSSAD! (Lessons for the USA?)

This is a discussion on Don't Mess With MOSSAD! (Lessons for the USA?) within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Times Online January 29, 2010 Israel's history of state-sponsored assassination James Hider, Middle East Correspondent Israel’s spy agency Mossad and the country's special forces have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Mess With MOSSAD! (Lessons for the USA?)

Exclamation Don't Mess With MOSSAD! (Lessons for the USA?)

Times Online
    January 29, 2010
    Israel's history of state-sponsored assassination
    James Hider, Middle East Correspondent

Israel’s spy agency Mossad and the country's special forces have carried out a number of assassinations of Palestinian militants in the past and have also been blamed for killings which the Jewish state has never publicly taken responsibility for.

In addition, the army and air force have carried out so-called ‘targeted killings’ of numerous Palestinian leaders accused of masterminding attacks inside Israel.

One of the highest profile assassinations was the 1988 killing of Khalil al-Wazir, widely known as Abu Jihad, who had been a co-founder of Yasser Arafat’s Fatah movement. He was killed in his home with his family in Tunis when a hit squad from the Israeli army’s elite Sayeret Matkal, travelling with fake Lebanese passports, burst in as he was watching the news of the Palestinian uprising on the television.

In 1997, Israeli agents also tried to assassinate Khaled Meshaal, a senior member of Hamas’ political bureau, in his office in Amman at a time when the Islamist group was carrying out suicide bombings inside Israel’s cities.

One of the agents who had infiltrated his office sprayed a powerful nerve agent into his ear, but one of his bodyguards helped Jordanian authorities track down the assassins. They were arrested and held until Binyamin Netanyahu, who was then in his first term as prime minister, agreed to hand over the antidote.

One of the most successful assassinations attributed to Israel, but which it has never acknowledged publicly, was the death of Imad Mughniyah, the head of Hezbollah’s armed wing and the world’s most wanted terrorist before Osama bin Laden carried out the September 11 2001 attacks.

He had been behind deadly attacks against Jewish organisations in Argentina and had transformed the Lebanese militia into the most successful guerrilla group in the Arab world. Israeli and other western spy agencies had been trying to kill him for years when he died in a mysterious explosion In his car in Damascus in 2008.

Israel has also carried out a series of air strikes that killed Hamas leaders, including a rocket attack on the home of the group’s founder and spiritual leader, the quadriplegic Sheikh Ahmed Yassin in Gaza in 2004, and then killed his successor, Abdelaziz al-Rantissi, in an almost identical strike just four weeks later.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Last time I looked the USA was doing plenty of its own targeted killings. Predators UAV's seem to be the most popular method nowadays, but I betcha clandestine operations get a few bad-guys too.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

yeah even with ol' PeBO in office, you would really be supprised to know what happens behind the scenes...

CIA,DELTA,ect......

Have you heard the latest one in Palestine within the last week. A leader, who has planned terror attackes, etc. was found in his apartment dead, from electricity to the head. They are blaming Israel' Mossad.

Electricity to the head ? OK, NOW TELL ME .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpat. Ok, now tell me .. ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpat.

Ok we can't do waterboarding, but did anyone mention electricity ?

LOL!!..

Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

The Mossad is still hunting WWII Nazis and successfully hunted down the Munich Olympic terrorists. I would not be surprised if the predecessor to the Mossad was behind Brutus' assassination of Caesar.

Administrator
    The Israelis do a lot of things right. I wouldn't want to to be on their bad side. They can be ruthless in protecting their interests.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    A friend of mine once said, "Don't mess with God's people".

Good to know they aren't constrained by political correctness, despite Steven Spielberg's portrayal of an incompetent Mossad.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    The difference between Mossad and our black-ops is that you never hear about the dirty work our guys do. I like it that way. God bless our black-ops people!

Israel functions in much the same way as any small state surrounded by its enemies should. There is a historical precedent of course. Vlad the Impaler was the leader of a small country by the name of Transylvania. He, too had many enemies, only his determined ruthlessness kept him from being overrun by foreign invaders.
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Most everything is a lesson for how to do it differently, better.

As with many things of substance, we very often go through the motions of appearing to do something, yet we don't actually address the problem.

When the wolf is at the door, you don't feed it kibble.

When will elected autocrats learn? Perhaps never, particularly given how they can all be bought with unlimited funds by an array of exceedingly wealthy, shadowy, newly-minded "individuals" (corporations).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

For every one of them killed, there are plenty of fresh faces to take up where the other left off....

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The Arabs, Pals and Iranians love to blame everything on the Mossad, but often it's their own rivals within doing each other. Blaming Israel is very useful. Also ever wondered why the IDF knows when to nail a car with a Hellfire? Because the various factions within the Gaza or the West Bank pass on the information so the Israelis will get rid of the other guy for them.

Also the Mossad is not perfect, they bungled an assasination in Sweden, killing the wrong person.

When it comes to their definition of right and wrong and fighting their enemies...they do not accept losing as an option.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links