#2 son ships off to Navy Basic tomorrow

This is a discussion on #2 son ships off to Navy Basic tomorrow within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks to all! Yes, I have another post about Mom passing yesterday. Yes, I am flooded with emotions right now (with a lot of stress ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #2 son ships off to Navy Basic tomorrow

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Thanks to all! Yes, I have another post about Mom passing yesterday. Yes, I am flooded with emotions right now (with a lot of stress from work thrown in for balance). In addition to #2 heading off to earn a spot in what I've now learned is the 10th Fleet, #1 is seriously exploring OCS in one of the branches of service! The upside is that neither is running from anything. Both are making decisions for the right reasons - to run to challenges and a life of learning while defending our country. My wife's #1 already did his multiple tours in the sand box with USMC. Thanks again for your kind words. They really mean a lot at this time of my life, especially coming from this group.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Congrats to your Son, give him a firm handshake from me.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Congrats to your Son, give him a firm handshake from me.
    Good deal!!
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Fair winds and following seas for your son. I personally attest the Navy can be a fantastic experience. Congratulations on bringing another good citizen into our society.

Congratulations to you and your son. I joined the Air Force in 2003 and have yet to regret it, got my bachelor's degree for the cost of textbooks only and get to live in Hawaii. Great experience in general, I wish you and your son the best.

Congrats! My oldest son left in January for Ft. Leonardwood, Mo.. He will be going to the P.O.S.T. right there on base after basic. I have already bought the plane tickets for his graduation from basic in march. Too much money but well worth it for me. Besides, my wife would never let me live it down if we didn't attend.

84-88 my self.

Remember the navy moto. If it move, salute it. if it doesn't, paint it.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Congrats to your son. You must be one proud Dad.

congrats to your son. i speak for everyone when i say im sure you and the rest of you family is pretty upset about having him leave but at the same time proud of him. its hard to watch a family member leave like that it really didnt kick in for me why my family felt so bad when i left til i re-enlisted into the army. main thing is to keep busy and before you know it you'll be at his graduation. again congrats

That is great! I'm sure he'll do well.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

A pat on the back for both of you! An tell him the food gets better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by trapper T View Post
    Congrats! My oldest son left in January for Ft. Leonardwood, Mo.. He will be going to the P.O.S.T. right there on base after basic. I have already bought the plane tickets for his graduation from basic in march. Too much money but well worth it for me. Besides, my wife would never let me live it down if we didn't attend.
    Congrats on your son joining the military. I know how you feel.

My nephew leaves for Army basic training in a week or so. He decided to enlist in the Army after he decided that college wasn't right for him at this time in his life. He then worked a few jobs that he found less than fullfilling. Now he's enlisted for a 3 year hitch in the Army. He'll be leaving for SC in a week or so.

Yes, you can say that I'm as proud of my nephew Jason as you are of your son. I'm proud to see my nephew Jason make this decision for a tour of duty in the military.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Your son should love it. Although I'm sure alot has changed since I went through the "great mistakes" as we jokingly called it. I hope you plan to make it out to graduation. Seeing my family out there was one of the happiest moments in my life. I couldn't imagine not having anyone there to share it with. I remember getting 48 hour liberty, and exploring chicago with the family. You'll have a blast.
    Fortune favors the bold

I remember going off to Navy boot camp over 31 years ago.
    Thank and congratulate him for serving our country.
    "Proud To Have Been Banned by Huff PO"

Thank your son for his service. Our #2 son retired from the Navy (SEALS) last year after about 21 years. Best to you and your family.

Kyle
    Be responsible for your own actions.
    ---
    http://www.calguns.net/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links