Hired guns secure ships, stir controversy

This is a discussion on Hired guns secure ships, stir controversy within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hire them on and load them up. Let's give those pirates a nice little surprise when they show up. I'm sure there is a firm ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hired guns secure ships, stir controversy

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Hire them on and load them up. Let's give those pirates a nice little surprise when they show up. I'm sure there is a firm just waiting to jump at this chance to be hired.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'd like to see "Tag a Pirate Cruises"...
    Free ammo...
    Prizes...
    Perhaps even become an Olympic Event...

Shame on you, you forgot the free pizza and the free coke
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

If you are not going out looking for pirates but are only defending yourself after being attacked it is an act of self defense. If these people want to stop ship owners from allowing their ships personnel from defending themselves then they should be responsible for the protection of the ships and crews themselves. They should be both criminally and civilly libel for any damages or losses that occur.

Michael
    MleeC and Tzadik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by enk5 View Post
    Somali Cruises - Cruise along Africa's east coast!

Check out this website.

They offer Somali "Safaris"

My next leave is in June and the wife has said she would like to take a cruise some day soon.....I wonder if I could intrest her in this......

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I don't see how anyone could frown upon this. Someone with weapons is trying to board my boat...I'm pretty sure if I shoot them it's self defense. There should never be laws anywhere against defending yourself...especially at sea.

Love the idea of the cruise ship :)
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

"There are laws against a private individual killing a private individual, even if they are perceived to be pirates," Mason said. "You can’t go on the high seas, just like you can’t go on the streets of London, and shoot people likely to do harm to you."
    Let me guess. This guy is a bureaucrat who travels with armed bodyguards, but doesn't care if you get killed.
    We have plenty of hypocrites here too.

Quote Originally Posted by enk5 View Post
    Somali Cruises - Cruise along Africa's east coast!

Check out this website.

They offer Somali "Safaris"

Check out the testimonials.

Nice advertising slogan, too. "Most cruises offer a mini-bar
    We offer a mounted Mini-Gun"

I can assure you when I owned a seaworthy sailboat, when it left shore; it was well armed, with an AR and a Glock.

Even today when boating in my smaller skiff, I always bring along my Glock

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I really can't imagine setting out to sea without some kind of defensive capabilities. It just seems like a bad idea, asking for trouble. And maybe when they realize that the only people who are against arming the ships are the pirates and politicians, they will realize that similar laws on land regarding self-defense are equally misguided.
    Walk softly ...

"There are laws against a private individual killing a private individual, even if they are perceived to be pirates," Mason said. "You can’t go on the high seas, just like you can’t go on the streets of London, and shoot people likely to do harm to you."

WOW?!? That quote alone baffles me to the point of........... heck, I don't even know yet. That mind-set is SO absolutly and completly foregin to my instinct for survival, not to mention just my basic, common horse-sense.

I'm with the Navy's 5th Fleet spoksman on this....... Your safety is your own responsiblity on the open ocean.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Mason appears to be British,I would LMAO if the headlines read 'British Naval Battleship" taken over by 6 Armed Somali Pirates,There were no shots fired,British Navy has decided that any hostage rescue attempt would only Jeopardize the rest of it's ships being taken by armed gangs of 2 somali Pirates
    Tzadik likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think the problem in London is that the descendants of William the Conqueror and Richard the Lionheart were slowly bred out of existence in much the same was as the idiots took over the world in the movie Idiocracy, leaving only the descendents of Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

That said, how could anyone besides an anti-gun, pants wetting, rag wringing, surrender at the first sign of force liberal have a problem with companies hiring heavily armed, privately owned gunboats loaded with the proper weapons and freedom loving, gun toting Americans accompanying ships through the area for protection against unlawful assaults? I guarantee that the pirates will find less dangerous prey immediately upon the first few turkey shoots and sinkings of their little pirate skiffs.

I just want to add that the cruises offering said vacations need to add long range cameras so they can get nice closeups of the pirates faces when the seemingly defenseless cruise ship opens up a broadside from several hundred screaming American tourists, sort of like those log ride pics they sell at the amusement parks.
    sdprof likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

They aren't mercenaries. They are Privateers. Come on. Lets dust off those Letters of Marque and Reprisal.
    lordofwyr likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    There are laws against a private individual killing a private individual, even if they are perceived to be pirates," Mason said. "You can’t go on the high seas, just like you can’t go on the streets of London, and shoot people likely to do harm to you."

You can't walk the streets of London with a KNIFE, lest you get arrested and thrown under the jail! It's easy for the British upper class to sit in judgement. Let that moron join the next crew and see how long it takes him to crap his smalls.
    lordofwyr likes this.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Mason appears to be British,I would LMAO if the headlines read 'British Naval Battleship" taken over by 6 Armed Somali Pirates,There were no shots fired,British Navy has decided that any hostage rescue attempt would only Jeopardize the rest of it's ships being taken by armed gangs of 2 somali Pirates
    Nah, they'd just deploy a carrier to the area....oh wait....

http://defensetech.org/2011/05/12/th...carriers-back/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links