Homeland Security agents can't keep track of their guns

This is a discussion on Homeland Security agents can't keep track of their guns within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Homeland Security reports losing guns - USATODAY.com Feel safer?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeland Security agents can't keep track of their guns

Homeland Security agents can't keep track of their guns

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the link. I sent the article to my State Rep. There are a couple of gun retailer licensing bills moving forward in our House of Representatives. So when I sent the email regarding those two pieces of crap, I sent this article in another email, saying that the House might want to worry about this rather than the State duplicating Federal licensing of firearm retailers.

al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    So is this one of those "finders - keepers; losers - weepers" sort of deals?
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

I've seen some of these federal "homeland security" types in action; this doesn't surprise me.

Government employment is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post

Wow. And here I was thinking I was quite competent. This is a major blow to my self-image!
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Wow. And here I was thinking I was quite competent. This is a major blow to my self-image!
    See what ya get for thinkin'?

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    I've seen some of these federal "homeland security" types in action; this doesn't surprise me.

The Gov needs to quit with the welfare jobs and start firing people for negligence when applicable.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Yet another failure of the Napolitano rule... that idiot needs to resign, ASAP. Homeland Security demands a background in law enforcement, security, intelligence and military operations, yet the job is filled by a political hack with nothing more than a law degree. She reached her level of incompetence as governor of Arizona and has only gone down since then.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Yet another failure of the Napolitano rule... that idiot needs to resign, ASAP. Homeland Security demands a background in law enforcement, security, intelligence and military operations, yet the job is filled by a political hack with nothing more than a law degree. She reached her level of incompetence as governor of Arizona and has only gown since then.
    ^^^^^YEP^^^^^

I could'nt agree more

These appointed ninny's usually have no clue
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Leaving them in bathrooms... OK, why did they have their gun out in the restroom ? A couple of policeman did that here at different times, and didn't even realize it until a citizen reported and contacted the officer and asked " do you have your gun with you" ?

Just another example of why we need LESS big government and more local control.
    The states need to continue working on taking back state's rights...the fight is beginning.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Just another example of why we need LESS big government and more local control.
    The states need to continue working on taking back state's rights...the fight is beginning.
    Restup,
    Unfortunately, your local, state, and county cops lose guns too. I think this is less about state's rights (alhough that is certainly an important issue) and federal control and more about holding LEO's responsible for something that ought to be foremost in their mind. If you cannot secure your own weapon, how can you expect to secure public trust? I'm not talking about the rare case where somebody burglarizes a home and manages to break into a gun safe. I'm talking about an idiot who leaves their pistol in the bathroom stall or something like that. How on earth can we expect the public to trust us, much less support us, if we engage in this sort of stupidity, carelessnes, and lack of judgement. Weapon security should be basic and automatic.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Administrator
    Agreed Gonzo. I can actually see and understand leaving in a bathroom. It doesnt make it right, but I can understand it. It has happened in our county courthouse a few times.
    I think the problem is LE switching to hiring report writers instead of real street cops. These poindexters do not and will not have the proper mind set to have security as there number one priority.
    The problem with the "Homeland Security" people is two fold. One is what I just wrote above, and the other is the rapid expansion. Homeland security exploded onto the scene with a hiring frenzy after 9/11. I know for a fact that a lot of people got in that should never have. I guess its the old saying "Haste makes waste".
    "Just blame Sixto"

On a much larger scale, look at the amount of weapons and ammunition that have gotten "lost" in our current wars overseas and wound up in the wrong hands. While this example pales in comparsion, government workers are aiding criminals in obtaining guns and making responsible gun owner's attempts to lessen gun control harder.
    I will never forget that I am an American, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

VIP Member
    While a loss rate of one tenth of one percent is still too high, it's not any different than most police forces.

SIXTO has hit the basic problem - lack of mindset. That can be mitigated with proper training and proper repercussions for failing to adhere to that training, but out of any group of nearly 200,000 people you're always going to get a few dingbats...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links