Wow, even I am a little nervous about this one - Page 5

Wow, even I am a little nervous about this one

This is a discussion on Wow, even I am a little nervous about this one within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It looks like the Gulfstream jets are about 18-33 million to purchase used and $10 a nautical mile to operate. AIRCRAFT COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS - GIV ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    It looks like the Gulfstream jets are about 18-33 million to purchase used and $10 a nautical mile to operate.

AIRCRAFT COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS - GIV / GIV-SP - Aviation Articles - AvBuyer.com
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Administrator
    OK, here was my role in this adventure. Its less exciting and glamorous than what the movies would have you believe, but it is fun anyway.

My job was that of an adviser to the actual full time security staff for our VIP. Because everybody is from out of town and they don't know the area, it was my job to brief the regular staff on anything that may be important for them to know. That would include everything from routes to and from the airport, to what restaurants to eat at. Also making arrangements with local LEO agencies if we needed help for traffic control or if protesters or possibly terrorists caused problems. I made arrangements for bomb dogs to check out the facility, and also to have the correct personnel on call should we actually find a bomb. In some cases, observers and possibly sharpshooters need to be placed. That would be my job too. (we didn't do that this time around, typically that is reserved for special or extreme circumstances)

There is a lot of leg work to be done to ensure the security of a VIP, and a lot of that work is a lot quicker and easier if done by a local. The prep and planning of such a visit takes weeks in planning. The guys in charge of the VIP's security are pro's. The left no detail alone, and is evident that they are the best money can buy.

In the very practical sense, I was part of the actual gun toting security detail because I know the local players. I know most of the politicians in attendance, the local business people and I also know the local trouble makers on sight. So, it was my job to hang out with the head of the regular security detail to feed him information, and make any last minute changes to plan if needed.

The ride on the Gulfstream was nothing more than a personal favor, as I have worked with this outfit a few times already, and they knew I get a kick out such things. I made sure their job was easy while visiting, and they gave me a nice "thank you" perk.
    "Just blame Sixto"

After the fact.....Please tell us you weren't protecting George Soros

A good buddy of mine did something similar about a week and a half ago; his charge was Nancy Pelosi, he is a motorcycle cop so he was threading traffic for her suburbans to and from the airport. He told me she was much worse than Hillary when she came here on the campaign. Secretly, he said his other team members were praying some drunk driver would come barreling down the road at them and do all the taxpayers a favor.......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member
    Sixto, what kind of gun do you tote in this scenario? Ammo, holster config, extras, etc..........Any of those sort of yummy details?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Sixto, what kind of gun do you tote in this scenario? Ammo, holster config, extras, etc..........Any of those sort of yummy details?
    I used my standard Sig 220 in a Safariland 0701 with matching mag holder. Nothing to exciting.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Not to presume what SIXTO was carrying or normally carries, but a "traditional" member of a government/police PRS detail will wear clothing that matches that of the person being protected (a suit and tie, very often). "Soft" body armor is typical. All working gear will be concealed, and typically consists of a sidearm, spare magazine(s), flashlight, handcuffs, and radio (with "surveillance" kit earbud speaker and the push-to-talk button normally affixed to the end of the shirt sleeve of the non-dominant hand). Other items may include a collapsible baton, OC spray, or whatever else the detail member is authorized/required/wants to carry. Dark sunglasses and surly attitude are NOT mandatory, but they are very popular...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    Yes, I was dressed in a suit with overcoat, 'soft' armor. I kept a single set of light weight cuffs, and a surefire. Ear bud and concealed mic with my radio. Shoes, socks and some long underwear. It was cold.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    What? No suppressor?

You're killing me.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    No, no suppressor. I did have my Benchmade folder in my pocket though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by isme View Post
    650-651 whatever it takes Stay safe SIXTO let us know when you get back so everyone will know your safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    Nice Mr. Mom reference there, lol......

Be Careful & just let us know all about it afterwards......
    What kinda voltage to those 650-651 run on? 220-221?

Did they use the Cone of silence to communicate on the jet?
    http://cootelibeau.files.wordpress.c...of-silence.jpg

Michael

Administrator
    Hahahaaha.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    What is your 220 chambered in?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    What is your 220 chambered in?
    45ACP. They stopped importing 9mm 220's a long time ago.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links