For soldiers that served in Afghanistan....

For soldiers that served in Afghanistan....

This is a discussion on For soldiers that served in Afghanistan.... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First thanks for your service to our country..I have a question. What happens to all the Kalashnikov rifles and other arms that are confiscated. Are ...

Thread: For soldiers that served in Afghanistan....

Question For soldiers that served in Afghanistan....

First thanks for your service to our country..I have a question. What happens to all the Kalashnikov rifles and other arms that are confiscated. Are they given to the Afgans or destroyed ???
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Administrator
    Most that I have seen are destroyed. A small number are retained for training.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER View Post
    ..I have a question. What happens to all the Kalashnikov rifles and other arms that are confiscated. Are they given to the Afgans or destroyed ???
    Yes.

It depends on a lot of factors, but, generally, if the captured weapon is in good enough shape, it can be given to the Afghan government. Many are simply destroyed, however...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    It depends on a lot of factors, but, generally, if the captured weapon is in good enough shape, it can be given to the Afghan government. Many are simply destroyed, however...
    What OPFOR said...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Ditto

I saw where they laid several thousand of them in a pile in a line and drove over them with A Tank,I cried so much that day that I haven't been able to shed a tear since
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links