Defensive Carry banner

Very Unusual Colt 1911 Grips LEO

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Team American 
#1 ·
I thought forum members would get a mild jolt from seeing these grips.

The were originally on a Colt pistol belonging to a Mexican Drug Enforcement Agent.

Very Unusual to see Marijuana Leaves & Opium Poppy pods on a pistol grip. :yup:

They were being sold as Ivory but, actually they are bone and not ivory.

I would have purchased them as a Modestly Rare Colt Collectible except they were a total mess (Split & Very Poorly Repaired on the rear faces)

See less See more
#2 ·
QKShooter said:
Very Unusual to see Marijuana Leaves & Opium Poppy pods on a pistol grip. :yup:
Sure is...makes you wonder if he was a Mexican Drug Enforcement Agent or a (ahem) "Sales Expediter"...

Very unusual nonetheless...:wink:

#3 ·
Nice relief carving there QK - and pity so cracked. Fascinating ''theme'' tho!

I guess bone is way more prone to this effect than ivory, which IIRC is less brittle.

#4 ·
Interesting Thought 4 Team American & Chris

Mexican ~ Drug ~ Enforcement ~ Agent

Should those words ever follow one another in that order...in the same sentence ??? :rofl:

#7 ·
Team American said:
Sure is...makes you wonder if he was a Mexican Drug Enforcement Agent or a (ahem) "Sales Expediter"...

Very unusual nonetheless...:wink:
Not unusual at all.

A DEA agent who spent a number of years in Mexico spoke at a LE org that I belong to some years ago. He basically said that the entire Mexican LE structure was corrupt and working hand-in-hand with the drug cartels. They used to tip off their buddies when a raid was about to take place, etc.

When just about everyone is "on the pad", no need to hide which side your one. Probably very safe for the original owner to wear those grips.

#8 ·
LenS said:
...the entire Mexican LE structure was corrupt and working hand-in-hand with the drug cartels. They used to tip off their buddies when a raid was about to take place, etc.
The more things change...
Sounds just like America's experience with Prohibition (of alcohol) in the 1920's...:buttkick:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.