Wrong House

Wrong House

This is a discussion on Wrong House within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man attempts home invasion at police chief’s house Man attempts home invasion at police chief’s house MIDDLETOWN – A Middletown man is under arrest after ...

Thread: Wrong House

VIP Member

Wrong House

Man attempts home invasion at police chief’s house

Man attempts home invasion at police chief’s house

MIDDLETOWN – A Middletown man is under arrest after he went to a house in Middletown and told the woman who answered the door that he was with the FBI. What he didn’t know was that he had randomly selected Middletown Police Chief Ramon Bethencourt’s’ home.

Mayor Joseph DeStefano had a message for all residents. “When people come up in plain clothes and you don’t know who they are, don’t open your door. If they say they are the police, call the police before you let them in,” he said. Apparently the suspect in this case went door to door trying to get into other homes as well.

The chief was at work, but his wife asked for identification from Santiago Contreras of Harrison Street in Middletown after he flashed a resident alien card.

When the resident came to the door, the man who had been knocking displayed identification and said he was an FBI agent.

He also held in his hand a piece of paper and said it was a search warrant and that he wished to search the house”, said Police Lt. Gregory Metakes. “The resident didn’t believe that the person at the door was legitimate and asked him again to show his identification.”

That’s when the man took off and was located a short time later on Irwin Avenue. He had with him plastic gloves and a homemade “shank” knife tucked into his jacket sleeve.

He was arrested and charged with first-degree attempted robbery, first-degree attempted burglary, possession of a weapon in the fourth degree, criminal possession of a forged instrument in the second degree and criminal impersonation in the first degree.

The incident occurred around 9:20 a.m. Monday.

State Police assisted Middletown City Police in the Investigation.

Flashed a green card.

Impersonation of an LEO seems to be becoming more common.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

After going thru the steps to get a green card this guy is now gonna get a taste of our prisons before we boot him back to his country of origin
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This sounds like Middletown, NY. I work for the Sheriff's Office in the adjoining county. Small world.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    This sounds like Middletown, NY. I work for the Sheriff's Office in the adjoining county. Small world.
    I sure wish OP's would identify the city and state where the stories come from... just about every state on the eastern seaboard has a Middletown.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I sure wish OP's would identify the city and state where the stories come from... just about every state on the eastern seaboard has a Middletown.
    Didn't think it was all that germane to the point of the post and didn't see the need to dig deeper.

Of course if one's curiosity is sufficiently aroused to need to know the source/location, one could click on the link the OP provided, with less effort than to complain.

"Mid-Hudson News Network" might have helped. Based on that I assumed it was NY, but didn't see the need for more research, on my part.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Small town near here, a couple of woman were breaking into homes and stealing "checks". They couldn't catch them for a long time. One day the Police Chief saw them walking out of the door of a house, stopped and arrested them. When they asked how he knew ? His response was "it was my house".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    .... One day the Police Chief saw them walking out of the door of a house, stopped and arrested them. When they asked how he knew ? His response was "it was my house".
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links